Member Status

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
Is Elite Member really the highest? Can we have more rankings?

Can I have the rank of Mass Debater lol.

Eternalist wrote:Is Elite Member really the highest? Can we have more rankings?
I know forums were they don't even have a member ranking, and it's still good, so I don't think it's a big deal. Maybe we should re-organize the rankings when most of us reach the 1000th comment :D

DHOPW42 wrote:
Eternalist wrote:Is Elite Member really the highest? Can we have more rankings?
I know forums were they don't even have a member ranking, and it's still good, so I don't think it's a big deal. Maybe we should re-organize the rankings when most of us reach the 1000th comment :D
I need some Platinum Status!

I've been adjusting the rankings to try to keep everything relative to the top poster, but frankly, Eternalist, you're completely off the charts! :lol:

Let's restructure some things a bit. I'm down for it.
So far, we have these ranks:

Elite Member

(The following can't be achieved by the post count).
Global Moderator
Administrator

So what do you think, Eternalist? You want some Platinum in there? Give us a list. :)

I think those are really good. If we go higher than Elite Member I can think of:

- Veteran Member

And, if higher than 1000 posts:

- Platinum Member

I was also hoping that there would be a corresponding increase in stars. I like stars.

Also, how did you determine who gets to be a moderator?

I was trying to think of something to go between Member and Senior Member, it seems like kind of a big jump.

Maybe something like Pro Member (I'm running out of good synonyms)? Maybe Advanced Member?

Yeah, that's what you say. But we all know you want an 'Eternal Member' status! :lol:
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:Yeah, that's what you say. But we all know you want an 'Eternal Member' status! :lol:
Nice :D

I'd like to reach a decision on the member ranking topic. While I do like the new ranking suggestions, it may be hard to determine which names rank higher than the others.

Elite Member, Pro Member, and Advanced Member?
(It's obvious that "Eternal Member" is the highest rank.) ;)

Since this is a fansite for a film director, perhaps we could look into member ranks of position titles of a film crew.

Some examples, not in any order: Key grip, Gaffer, Director, Producer, Production Manager, Production Assistant, Director of Photography, etc.

More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_crew#Production