The Official Nolan Fans v3 Feature Requests Thread

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
Yea, it's official now.

Anyways, um. Nolan Fans v3 is going to launch on January 13th and we want to hear your thoughts and ideas on what we could to around here to improve Nolan Fans.

So, let's hear your ideas! Spill everything.

-----------------------------------------------------
Requested Features:
-----------------------------------------------------

Staff Favorites:

ADDED: Visible Gender in Forums
ADDED: Disqus Commenting System
ADDED: Automatic Excessive Quote Removal
Score Samples on Films Pages
Increase Post Edit Time Limit in Forums (current: 30 mins)
Increase Post Deletion Time Limit in Forums (current: 5 mins)

Larger Avatars in Forums
Larger Signatures in Forums
Special Privileges for Most Active Members
Producing Section / Board in Forums
Text Alignment in Forum Posts
Member of the Month
More Smiley Options for Forum Posts
Facebook-like Chat System
Custom Ranking Titles in Forums
NF Community Photo Gallery
Mobile Version of Nolan Fans and Forums
Automatically Scaling Images to fit inside posts
Non-Nolan-Related Art Section
Embedded YouTube Video Size Options

Visible Gender Option

Larger avatars and signature limits for active members (wut, I like big sets and I cannot lie 8-) ) 125x125 for avatars for active members of 500 posts or more? :P

Producing section, although only Superman: Man of Steel will be in it for now. Future Projects forum kinda got bombarded with Superman threads lately, haha.

Center, Left, and Right Align function.

Agree with chee on the gender option, and larger avatar/siggy.

Haven't really been here much, so will post more suggestions later.

-Score samples from the films would be good (if its legal)

(dont know what else)

I don´t dont know if it is a good idea but in other forums is used to went they had a user of the month award.

more smilies of nolan films carachters, of nolan, emma, etc...

and what about a chat like facebook, i think it would be more active than the chat that you already have...

and thats prety much what i have in mind

Oh yea, thanks lion for the reminder: a facepalm smiley. Oh how I would use it. :JGLface:

chee wrote:Oh yea, thanks lion for the reminder: a facepalm smiley. Oh how I would use it. :JGLface:
Yeah a facepalm smilie would be awesome

I don't want bigger avatars or signatures. I think it looks more stylish and highend when its somewhat minimal.
I think the great thing about Nolanfans right now, is that its classy and simple. So many boards is one big mess. And just like Nolan, Nolanfans is a place with style and simplicity.

About the gender thing. I think its unnecessary. Everybody is even here. So why should it be important what gender you are - and its not a dating site.

Jonas Agersø wrote:I don't want bigger avatars or signatures. I think it looks more stylish and highend when its somewhat minimal.
I think the great thing about Nolanfans right now, is that its classy and simple. So many boards is one big mess. And just like Nolan, Nolanfans is a place with style and simplicity.

About the gender thing. I think its unnecessary. Everybody is even here. So why should it be important what gender you are - and its not a dating site.
i dont agree i think at least bigger avatars would be great, and youre right about the fact that this aint a daring site but still a gender indicator would be a very welcomed feature to the site

Jonas Agersø wrote:I don't want bigger avatars or signatures. I think it looks more stylish and highend when its somewhat minimal.
I agree with this, I think this is what I like about NolanFans the most. Most other forums are so cluttered with signatures and avatars that it is difficult to find content. If you did do something like this I would recommend having the required post count be very high (like 1500 or 2000), because then it is a privilege for dedicated members, but so few would qualify that it wouldn't clutter the board too much.