Report Spammers in here

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.

AlexHaas wrote:
chee wrote:You guys are getting popular with the spammers. Must be the increase in members and activity. ;)

http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/memberl ... ile&u=3122
Gone.

Yea, we'll need to beef up security here.
haha on another forum I visit, the site will go through rushes of spammers

but the site owner doesnt visit the site much and he doesnt want them to stop cause they give him hits :thumbdown:

its funny because...all the spammers are from sweden, where the owner is from :think:

micool wrote: haha on another forum I visit, the site will go through rushes of spammers
but the site owner doesnt visit the site much and he doesnt want them to stop cause they give him hits :thumbdown:
its funny because...all the spammers are from sweden, where the owner is from :think:
Who cares about "hits" if they aren't real people? o.O

hits bring money, the original owner of the site sold it to the current owner, and he owns a bunch of sites where he gets paid from the revenue

I don't even know why people even bother with sending spammers. Has it ever worked? Every forum I went on to ignored the spam threads. :|

Gone.
chee wrote:I don't even know why people even bother with sending spammers. Has it ever worked? Every forum I went on to ignored the spam threads. :|
I'm not sure, but it's awfully annoying. Just ignore them. Don't quote them or reply to them. ;)

chee wrote:I don't even know why people even bother with sending spammers. Has it ever worked? Every forum I went on to ignored the spam threads. :|
they get hits to their websites and thats all they need...

another forum i was on suspected that the owner of the site was behind all the spamming so he could get more money :think:

micool wrote:they get hits to their websites and thats all they need...
another forum i was on suspected that the owner of the site was behind all the spamming so he could get more money :think
Hits don't exactly transfer directly into revenue like you're implying. There are many other factors at work.