The quoting system

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
When I hit quote, and there are three quotes inside each other, I have to manually delete one of those quotes to make it 2 quotes inside each other so that it will post. Is there a way just to make the quote function quote the post your responding to and not the quotes that the post you're responding to is quoting?

...if that makes any sense. lol

chee wrote:When I hit quote, and there are three quotes inside each other, I have to manually delete one of those quotes to make it 2 quotes inside each other so that it will post. Is there a way just to make the quote function quote the post your responding to and not the quotes that the post you're responding to is quoting?

...if that makes any sense. lol
I agree about this one. It should be possible, I think.

Before we were able to embed three quotes. Why was it changed?

akv1984 wrote:Before we were able to embed three quotes. Why was it changed?
Yea, I noticed that too. Page stretcher, I suppose.

Yea. I changed the max quote within quote number to two. Three was just really too much; especially if there were images in that post. Sometimes people just need to hit the "reply" button. Lose the quotes. Quotes should really only be used if you're replying to something specific and you need a quote to help make your point. With this being the case, I find quotes within quotes that are three levels deep to be a waste of valuable vertical space. Anyways, I'll see if there's a better solution to this.

All these "quotes within quotes" sounds like a movie that I know....
...err...maybe that movie's about dreams? I can't remember.

Yusuf: "Not possible. That many quotes within quotes is too unstable."

AlexHaas wrote:Yea. I changed the max quote within quote number to two. Three was just really too much; especially if there were images in that post. Sometimes people just need to hit the "reply" button. Lose the quotes. Quotes should really only be used if you're replying to something specific and you need a quote to help make your point. With this being the case, I find quotes within quotes that are three levels deep to be a waste of valuable vertical space. Anyways, I'll see if there's a better solution to this.

I think it's reasonable to limit the quotes... actually the way I see it, only the post you're quoting is important. So, I think if only the actual post you're trying to reply to is quoted, we won't be having any problems.

AlexHaas wrote:Yea. I changed the max quote within quote number to two. Three was just really too much; especially if there were images in that post. Sometimes people just need to hit the "reply" button. Lose the quotes. Quotes should really only be used if you're replying to something specific and you need a quote to help make your point. With this being the case, I find quotes within quotes that are three levels deep to be a waste of valuable vertical space. Anyways, I'll see if there's a better solution to this.

Cobb: It is possible 8-)