[FIXED] Is there a way to...

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
... stop those stupid users from posting stupid and off-topic things in the forums?

I mean, it's making me nauseous :|

dagn96 wrote:... stop those stupid users from posting stupid and off-topic things in the forums?

I mean, it's making me nauseous :|
We truly and sincerely apologize for anything that was inappropriately posted here. For whatever reason, the spam bots have been hitting us hard during this week and it's tough to keep everything clean. We are working on improving the security here on the forums, so this type of thing is something that we don't have to worry about. We will get this resolved.

This problem usualy dissapears when you make a box that everyone must check to register.

[ ] Check this box if you want to register.

Erik wrote:This problem usualy dissapears when you make a box that everyone must check to register.

[ ] Check this box if you want to register.
Oh, interesting. This is exactly the same way we fought off the spam on the new comments on the front page. "Type Nolan:" I never thought to try this on the forums. I'll see what I can do. Thanks Erik!

Alright. I've added a new field on the registration form and tested it out. Everything works fine; let's just hope it stumps the spam bots. :P