Pop up window alert for Private Messages?

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
I know there's a setting on getting e-mail notifications for Private Messages, but in a forum I went to before, they had this nice, nifty feature that created a pop-up message notification when you have a private message in your inbox. I think it's not a physical pop-up window that is created, more like a floating div (Alex understands this, I'm sure!) with the notification message. Is it already implemented here?

Go to User Control Panel
Click on Board Preferences
Go down to where it says "Pop up window on new private message:"
Click Yes
Click Submit

chee wrote:Go to User Control Panel
Click on Board Preferences
Go down to where it says "Pop up window on new private message:"
Click Yes
Click Submit
My bad. I was looking at the wrong preferences settings. Thanks chee!

Seems that the pop-up window doesn't work. It could be an incompatibility with Google Chrome or what not, but it could also be a pop-up blocker. Alex, what about putting a floating div for this. I'm not too crazy for the pop-up window stuff and the floating div notification seem a bit slicker, no?

Chee. You are awesome.
niniendowarrior wrote:Seems that the pop-up window doesn't work. It could be an incompatibility with Google Chrome or what not, but it could also be a pop-up blocker. Alex, what about putting a floating div for this. I'm not too crazy for the pop-up window stuff and the floating div notification seem a bit slicker, no?
Just allow pop-ups for Nolan Fans. We don't use any pop-up advertising at all and we never will. ;)

http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bi ... swer=95472

AlexHaas wrote:Chee. You are awesome.
niniendowarrior wrote:Seems that the pop-up window doesn't work. It could be an incompatibility with Google Chrome or what not, but it could also be a pop-up blocker. Alex, what about putting a floating div for this. I'm not too crazy for the pop-up window stuff and the floating div notification seem a bit slicker, no?
Just allow pop-ups for Nolan Fans. We don't use any pop-up advertising at all and we never will. ;)

http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bi ... swer=95472
Alright. I'll make this exception. :)

I've been observing this function for a good month and there is seemingly no luck on it whatsoever... any ideas if I'm the only one having this problem? Yes, I put an exception for this site.

Well, I'm getting pop-ups just fine.