Multi quote function

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
I'd just like to suggest that rather than being able to quote one person's post at a time, users should be able to quote multiple posts at one time. This will reduce clutter and reduce spamming.

Unless it's already been implemented by which I have yet to learn how. :think:

Eames wrote:I'd just like to suggest that rather than being able to quote one person's post at a time, users should be able to quote multiple posts at one time. This will reduce clutter and reduce spamming.

You can.

Check out this screenshot: http://cl.ly/1gZi

While you're responding to someones' quote, scroll down to see the list of previous posts and click on those quote buttons to add that post in a quote to your response.

you can
see

Holy crap, I didn't know that. I just opened up multiple quotes into new tabs and copied and pasted them into one box. This will make it so much more easier! :D

Now, if we can only get that quick reply... :think:

AlexHaas wrote:
Eames wrote:I'd just like to suggest that rather than being able to quote one person's post at a time, users should be able to quote multiple posts at one time. This will reduce clutter and reduce spamming.

You can.

Check out this screenshot: http://cl.ly/1gZi

While you're responding to someones' quote, scroll down to see the list of previous posts and click on those quote buttons to add that post in a quote to your response.
I was quoted in that screenshot! I feel so loved! :D

chee wrote:Holy crap, I didn't know that. I just opened up multiple quotes into new tabs and copied and pasted them into one box. This will make it so much more easier! :D

I was about to mention the Quick Reply function as all. You know...great minds and all.

Eames wrote:
chee wrote:Holy crap, I didn't know that. I just opened up multiple quotes into new tabs and copied and pasted them into one box. This will make it so much more easier! :D

I was about to mention the Quick Reply function as all. You know...great minds and all.
Teddy or Alex tried to do it last year but I suppose the coding failed or something.

chee wrote: Teddy or Alex tried to do it last year but I suppose the coding failed or something.
I remember suggesting that way back. :lol:

niniendowarrior wrote:
chee wrote: Teddy or Alex tried to do it last year but I suppose the coding failed or something.
I remember suggesting that way back. :lol:
Yea. :lol:

It sucks that it didn't work. If this forum was pre-made by a company then they should already have that feature set. :(

Unless Teddy and Alex are that freakin' amazing and made this forum by themselves? :batface:

chee wrote:t sucks that it didn't work. If this forum was pre-made by a company then they should already have that feature set. :(
Unless Teddy and Alex are that freakin' amazing and made this forum by themselves? :batface:
The forum software that we use is phpBB (http://www.phpbb.com/). I wish that we could develop something like this. It really is an amazing piece of work. Although, we have spent quite a bit of time styling the forums to make it fit into the Nolan Fans - Year 2 theme. That shouldn't be discounted. ;)

On the quick reply feature: we can easily implement this here. I'm not really sure if we've discussed this before, but I'm not too fond of the "quick reply." I feel that a quick reply feature discourages longer and more throughly constructed, thought-out forum posts. The chatroom fulfills the need for a more instant back-and-forth discussion. (http://www.nolanfans.com/chatroom)