Too Many Threads?

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
This is especially prevalent in the Inception and Batman 3 boards. Perhaps, you could try denying new members the ability to create new topics, and enable the feature once the member has crossed say, 100 posts. This would prevent the problem of excessive and repetitive threads. Or perhaps some aggressive moderation and warnings to those who indulge in this would be enough..

kanjisheik wrote:This is especially prevalent in the Inception and Batman 3 boards. Perhaps, you could try denying new members the ability to create new topics, and enable the feature once the member has crossed say, 100 posts. This would prevent the problem of excessive and repetitive threads. Or perhaps some aggressive moderation and warnings to those who indulge in this would be enough..
Plenty of forums have this problem, and that's what moderators and admin are for.

A lot of members with 100+ posts repost threads on accident all the time anyways.

i think maybe a one or two weeks for new members to add threads so they can know what threads there are

That's a good idea, #1fan. When there are 3 different threads in the Inception board that discuss its Oscar prospects, you know there's something wrong.

Search through the applicable topic threads to make sure you're not reposting.

Speaking of threads, why can't I create one?!

Eames wrote:Speaking of threads, why can't I create one?!
It's a restriction that we created for new members that registered this week. You'll be able to create threads tomorrow. :)

AlexHaas wrote:
Eames wrote:Speaking of threads, why can't I create one?!
It's a restriction that we created for new members that registered this week. You'll be able to create threads tomorrow. :)
:JGLface:
:thumbup:

I dint notice the last few posts before. Kudos to the admins of Nolan Fans! You rock, guys. :-)

yes too many,
but, we wouldn't wanna make things too easy now, would we?
:shh: