Christopher Nolan google search.

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
Nolanfans is not on the first page when you google "Christopher Nolan".
But we can most likely do something about this problem. Im not a big expert on websites and such, but one thing I do know, is that one of the things that is important on the google hit list is the naming of the website. NOT the url. but the naming (name=that little name on your browser window)
Im sure that there are many out there who knows more about this than me.
But if we can get Nolanfans on the first page by just renaming the title which is on the browser why shouldn't we?
The other hits on the first page is by the way, besides IMDB just articles and other random stuff. Nothing Nolanfans can't compete with. Im sure that Christopher Nolan is mentioned a lot on this site - and that adds up as well. Being on the first page on a google search, really isn't hard you just have to know what to do. But being on the first page is a huge boost for every website, and a lot of Nolan fans around the world will find Nolanfans during their search.

Agersø out :thumbup:

Doesn't this help with the search?
<meta name="keywords" content="Christopher Nolan, Following, Memento, Insomnia, Batman Begins, The Prestige, The Dark Knight, Nolan Brother">
Or is that just useless HTML?

I think it does as well. But the most powerfull way to achieve hits, is by renaming the site (how it is named in the browser banner)

you're right man, should be in the first page.

Bump. Teddy and Alex - please comment :D

I'm not sure what you want me to say. It's not like we're doing something to intensionally limit our SEO abilities. The name of the website isn't Christopher Nolan Fans.

It appears on the top of page two. So that's still pretty good.

akv1984 wrote:It appears on the top of page two. So that's still pretty good.
:D

We need to figure out how to become "officialized."

Nolan Fans, the Official Christopher Nolan Fansite

Oh my, that would be epic. :lol:

I think the SEO Alex is doing looks pretty alright with me. A quick google on "nolan fans" certainly hits the website. Searching "christopher nolan fans" also has a pretty high listing on the website, so I think they are doing a swell job.

And, SEO isn't simply renaming the website although it does have some bearing. It's a lot more complicated.

AlexHaas wrote:
akv1984 wrote:It appears on the top of page two. So that's still pretty good.
:D

We need to figure out how to become "officialized."

Nolan Fans, the Official Christopher Nolan Fansite

Oh my, that would be epic. :lol:
Talk to WB about it :thumbup: This site is so good and well structured. Nothing WB wouldn't like I think.