Nolan Fans 2013 Forum Updates

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
Site Admin
Posts: 3791
Joined: January 2009
Location: California
DoubleD wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
How do you know?
They just are.
Correct. I mentioned before that the new site is being run off a mac mini server. The current site is on a linux server we rent through a company. We can make updates and changes to the new site and it will never effect the current build. We are leaving the current server because it's annoying and overpriced, and is becoming more prone to errors like the ones in recent events.

Posts: 26127
Joined: February 2010
Location: Texas
TeddyBlass wrote:
DoubleD wrote:
They just are.
Correct. I mentioned before that the new site is being run off a mac mini server. The current site is on a linux server we rent through a company. We can make updates and changes to the new site and it will never effect the current build. We are leaving the current server because it's annoying and overpriced, and is becoming more prone to errors like the ones in recent events.
Cool, more reason to fuel our NF addiction lol

Posts: 10491
Joined: March 2012
Location: The Rose City
How are the updates going?

Posts: 26127
Joined: February 2010
Location: Texas
I'm betting $20 this is an elaborate April Fools' Day prank.

Site Admin
Posts: 3791
Joined: January 2009
Location: California
Durden wrote:How are the updates going?
Things are going good. We just had a big design breakthrough. Basically shifted gears on something mid-project, but it's given us extra motivation. That and the fact we're paying two server bills until we launch the new site. I wouldn't expect anything too soon, but work is being done everyday.

Posts: 10491
Joined: March 2012
Location: The Rose City
TeddyBlass wrote:
Durden wrote:How are the updates going?
Things are going good. We just had a big design breakthrough. Basically shifted gears on something mid-project, but it's given us extra motivation. That and the fact we're paying two server bills until we launch the new site. I wouldn't expect anything too soon, but work is being done everyday.
Good to hear, look forward to seeing the finished product. :goNF:

Posts: 19719
Joined: June 2011
Location: The Ashes of Gotham
Are we gonna be getting any pics of what the finished product will look somewhat like?

Posts: 13419
Joined: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Any way to stop spammers? How about some random question about Nolan's films during registration?

Site Admin
Posts: 3791
Joined: January 2009
Location: California
BlairCo wrote:Are we gonna be getting any pics of what the finished product will look somewhat like?

We'll be saving that for launch day I reckon.

Here's one of the ideas we flirted with: Image

While I do like that a lot, we're starting completely from scratch with the current design.
Pratham wrote:Any way to stop spammers? How about some random question about Nolan's films during registration?
We're going to try to up the registration difficulty, but it's still hard with a site of this size.

Posts: 7305
Joined: June 2010
Location: London town, UK
TeddyBlass wrote:
Here's one of the ideas we flirted with: Image

While I do like that a lot, we're starting completely from scratch with the current design.
Image

Post Reply