Nolan Fans 2013 Forum Updates

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
DoubleD wrote:
BatMan528491 wrote:NOOOOO!! :cry:

I just learned how to make gifs yesterday! This one in my avy is my first one!! What will I do without my Amy gifs?! That's the only way everyone here remembers/recognizes me!! :lol:
You'll still be able to use them for your signature.
Well at least we have that. :thumbup:

Cilogy wrote:Will there be a new thread for update suggestions or do we use the old threads? I have some good ones I think most people will enjoy.
Post them here. :)

I want something sort of like the "Tomato-Meter" for movies in the Entertainment section.

Red Hood wrote:I want something sort of like the "Tomato-Meter" for movies in the Entertainment section.
Want, want, want.
Brave New World

I want an indoor pool!!
Sigs???

AlexHaas wrote:
Cilogy wrote:Will there be a new thread for update suggestions or do we use the old threads? I have some good ones I think most people will enjoy.
I don't know if the new site you have in mind would be capable of handling these things, and I don't know how much you guys know about adding features to a forum, but I think these suggestions would make everything a little more streamlined for users:

1. A "quick log-in" module
Instead of having a separate page to log in, put a small quick log-in feature at the top of the board index, like so:

2. A "like" system.
Let's keep it real, "dislikes" would be abused to hell and back, so if we have "likes" only it would be neat. It would be a cool way of showing support to each other and seeing who posts more thoughtfully as opposed to who trolls. Take this, it shows who liked it at the bottom of a post:

At the top of the thread page, it also shows how many likes are in the thread, and who has received the highest amount of likes:

3. "Notifications"
Some forums have a cool feature that shows how many new likes you received and where people quoted you. This would help you go directly to replies instead of searching for people who *might* have quoted you. For example, on DebatePolitics.com, it's a simple drop down menu at the top:

4. Blogs or personal pages
Since this is a movie forum, I guess users could use "blogs" for movie reviews and stuff. It doesn't have to be available for all users, we could limit it to people with, say, more than 100 posts or something like that.

5. Groups
We should have a user group feature that allows users to create their own groups for different purposes. It's possible this feature would be abused, so again, maybe we can limit it by post count.

I'll think of some more.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:
AlexHaas wrote:
I don't know if the new site you have in mind would be capable of handling these things, and I don't know how much you guys know about adding features to a forum, but I think these suggestions would make everything a little more streamlined for users:

1. A "quick log-in" module
Instead of having a separate page to log in, put a small quick log-in feature at the top of the board index, like so:

2. A "like" system.
Let's keep it real, "dislikes" would be abused to hell and back, so if we have "likes" only it would be neat. It would be a cool way of showing support to each other and seeing who posts more thoughtfully as opposed to who trolls. Take this, it shows who liked it at the bottom of a post:

At the top of the thread page, it also shows how many likes are in the thread, and who has received the highest amount of likes:

3. "Notifications"
Some forums have a cool feature that shows how many new likes you received and where people quoted you. This would help you go directly to replies instead of searching for people who *might* have quoted you. For example, on DebatePolitics.com, it's a simple drop down menu at the top:

4. Blogs or personal pages
Since this is a movie forum, I guess users could use "blogs" for movie reviews and stuff. It doesn't have to be available for all users, we could limit it to people with, say, more than 100 posts or something like that.

5. Groups
We should have a user group feature that allows users to create their own groups for different purposes. It's possible this feature would be abused, so again, maybe we can limit it by post count.

I'll think of some more.
+1 to everything except groups.
gib sigs

No 'like' system!!!!!!!

it has wrecked forums I've been a part of in the past because people just do pointless things to get likes :judge: :judge: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Why you lurking my page brah?

I'm down w likes as long mods keep and eye on it
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:I'm down w likes as long mods keep and eye on it
If we had likes. I would not like this post.
Brave New World