New Contest.

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
Octaviana wrote: -Fear, chaos, and pain
O MY GOODNESS, WHY DOES NO ONE ADD THE COMMA? :judge: :judge: :suicide:
Not just you, everyone. Even major companies mess that up.

Bacon wrote:
Octaviana wrote: -Fear, chaos, and pain
O MY GOODNESS, WHY DOES NO ONE ADD THE COMMA? :judge: :judge: :suicide:
The comma isn't necessary. It would have been if we had said: Fear, chaos, pain.

Octaviana wrote:
Bacon wrote: O MY GOODNESS, WHY DOES NO ONE ADD THE COMMA? :judge: :judge: :suicide:
The comma isn't necessary. It would have been if we had said: Fear, chaos, pain.
He is right.
To avoid confusion, use commas to separate words and word groups with a series of three or more.

Example:
My $10 million estate is to be split among my husband, daughter, son, and nephew.
Omitting the comma after son would indicate that the son and nephew would have to split one-third of the estate.
http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/commas.asp
gib sigs

Pratham wrote:
Octaviana wrote:
He is right.
To avoid confusion, use commas to separate words and word groups with a series of three or more.

Example:
My $10 million estate is to be split among my husband, daughter, son, and nephew.
Omitting the comma after son would indicate that the son and nephew would have to split one-third of the estate.
http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/commas.asp
Thanks for the explanation! :-D

Guys, I had a really great idea last night! We should make a contest about writing a script for Interstellar. So we can show what we think about this film, speculate about its content and be creative!

Well, I guess it was not that good...

Octaviana wrote:Well, I guess it was not that good...
It's not a bad idea, but it'll be a long time to finish it and it would be one big fan fic.

BlairCo wrote:
Octaviana wrote:Well, I guess it was not that good...
It's not a bad idea, but it'll be a long time to finish it and it would be one big fan fic.
Nah, everyone writes a short script with the things that get to their mind when they say "Interstellar" That's all.

Octaviana wrote:
BlairCo wrote: It's not a bad idea, but it'll be a long time to finish it and it would be one big fan fic.
Nah, everyone writes a short script with the things that get to their mind when they say "Interstellar" That's all.
I guess a short script would be ideal. But I would probably write just a summary that lasts about three paragraphs.

BlairCo wrote:
Octaviana wrote:
I guess a short script would be ideal. But I would probably write just a summary that lasts about three paragraphs.
Hey, c'mon, trust yourself!

Octaviana wrote:
BlairCo wrote: I guess a short script would be ideal. But I would probably write just a summary that lasts about three paragraphs.
Hey, c'mon, trust yourself!
I have done some screenwriting (in fact, I'm currently writing one now), but something as big as a Space Sci-Fi plot, I don't think I could master that. But that's just me, I'm sure you could do an amazing job.