NFReactions (RottenTomatoes for NolanFans)

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
DoubleD wrote:
Celestin wrote:Isn't this essentially the same thing as the Nolanfans awesome rating?
Not really. I see it more has a see it/skip it sorta thing. Save the awesome rating for Nolan films.
Oh you want to do this for all moves, not just Nolan's movie? I see...

07202012 wrote:
didich wrote:But the polls have time limit or are forever? Because maybe sometimes not everyone watches the film at the same time.
It doesn't matter, the rating can always change, just like it does on RT.

I love the idea, but I think there should be a rule on who can give a rating. Like. Wayne Board Member and up or something.
I can agree but it should be another approach. There are member who are 'older' but don't post too much, while there are the ones who are noobs like me :P but post a lot. It would not be fair for the first group.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

didich wrote:
07202012 wrote: It doesn't matter, the rating can always change, just like it does on RT.

I love the idea, but I think there should be a rule on who can give a rating. Like. Wayne Board Member and up or something.
I can agree but it should be another approach. There are member who are 'older' but don't post too much, while there are the ones who are noobs like me :P but post a lot. It would not be fair for the first group.
So both "age" and experience?

Everyone gets to vote or it's a horrible idea.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:Everyone gets to vote or it's a horrible idea.
Even the trolls that gave TDKR 0%?

07202012 wrote:
DoubleD wrote:Everyone gets to vote or it's a horrible idea.
Even the trolls that gave TDKR 0%?
And what makes you think members over a certain post count want troll?
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:
07202012 wrote: Even the trolls that gave TDKR 0%?
That's actually... a good point.

Great idea. I'm actually pretty interested to see how this would turn out because there seems to be a lot of conflicting opinions here. I don't think using the actual polls will work though, will they? They seem to have a limited number of options, and that would mean everyone would have to pick a rating like "60-70" or "90-100" and then calculate an average based off that. I think I'd prefer it so that everyone could just comment their rating like "95" or "73" or "37" or whatever, and calculate a more accurate average based on that.

It would take a fair amount of work, though. Obviously the forums don't have any built-in RT-style algorithms to automatically output a score, so someone would have to calculate every average and update it with every new vote. :shifty:

07202012 wrote:
DoubleD wrote:
That's actually... a good point.
We need a Troll-O-Meter in the mind of each member :lol: :P
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.