Halo Universe Discussion Thread by 343i

A place to discuss music and video games.
My second favorite gaming franchise, second only to Mass Effect.

steveportee wrote:My second favorite gaming franchise, second only to Mass Effect.
Keeping it positive in regards to HALO 4 and 343 Industries? New interviews brought out the hardworking, enthusiastic aspect of that newly formed company, I'm sure they will deliver, when the time comes.

Halo is what really sparked my interest in gaming many years back when it first cam to the original Xbox. Reach and the new anniversary are by far my favorites.

This is one of the all-time greatest gaming franchises and I really hope 343 can deliver an innovative new experience that will separate their Halo trilogy from Bungie's.

m4st4 wrote:
PowerDump wrote:Halo is one of the most influential series ever and for good reason. Halo 2 was also way ahead of its time for online and if it was online would still have possibly the best online setup for a console game. IMO it was better than the later Halo games (as it had clans and such) and still better than the top online games now.
Agreed. Halo 2 is precious. I just love the endless possibilities on the field. Sure, it's a given with all the latest technology and, most important - AI - but Halo had it all from the start. And, of course, OST by Martin O'Donnell:

Halo 2 was my favourite for campaign definitely - but I didn't have Xbox live playing that while I did for 3 and Reach.

Halo is influential, Halo is fun... but Halo is far from being that great of a game. Also... since they abandoned the PC platform they lost a huge part of the gaming community. So basically, I barely care about this game anymore... They toned it down instead of making it huge on a competitive level.

RIFA wrote:Halo is influential, Halo is fun... but Halo is far from being that great of a game. Also... since they abandoned the PC platform they lost a huge part of the gaming community. So basically, I barely care about this game anymore... They toned it down instead of making it huge on a competitive level.
First of all, it's not that far from being great if there's at least one person out there that thinks it IS really great, like, for instance - me. ;) Second, they didn't tone nothing, they just abandoned PC as a platform, which I'm guessing is your primary source of fun (mine too, I use XBOX360 for games like Arkham City, Halo franchise or, dunno, Mortal Kombat). HALO 3 was the emotional, if not technical, peak of the entire series, Africa setting made it for me, reminded me of Valve and their approach of storytelling through gameplay.
Last edited by m4st4 on March 8th, 2012, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah the cinematic qualities of the campaign are unmatched and probably never will be - the music, the story etc.

m4st4 wrote:Second, they didn't tone nothing, they just abandoned PC as a platform,
Once you move a PC FPS to Consoles then you obviously toned down the gameplay.

RIFA wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Second, they didn't tone nothing, they just abandoned PC as a platform,
I don't understand the hype regarding FPS on a PC vs. a console. I know the graphics capabilities are much better, but I prefer having a controller versus a keyboard.

Halo is what made the Xbox, I honestly wouldn't have one without Halo. One of my personal favorite franchises. Cannot wait for Halo 4.

MSUspartans2211 wrote:
RIFA wrote:
I don't understand the hype regarding FPS on a PC vs. a console. I know the graphics capabilities are much better, but I prefer having a controller versus a keyboard.

Halo is what made the Xbox, I honestly wouldn't have one without Halo. One of my personal favorite franchises. Cannot wait for Halo 4.
I agree, and believe it or not that is why I would hate to do PC gaming. I really dislike a keyboard and mouse and I would instantly buy a controller and be disadvantaged online against PC players.