God of War (PS4): The Godfather

A place to discuss music and video games.
Yeah, mind you, I’m also on a loosing streak with new movies this year and was majorly disappointed with Far Cry 5, played about three hours and couldn’t believe how generic, unorganized and lacking it was.

I need something substantial and engaging to suck me in its world for days.

Anyone else find it highly amusing that this will probably be the best in the series and it will have pretty much nothing to do with Greek Mythology? I mean that is what this entire series has been all about. I think that is amazing.

So do we know anything about how this is connected to the other games? Will I feel completely lost if I haven't played them before this?

Sanchez wrote:
April 17th, 2018, 11:26 pm
So do we know anything about how this is connected to the other games? Will I feel completely lost if I haven't played them before this?
I’ve heard you might get a bit more out of it in terms of hints and easter eggs if you’ve played them, but you don’t have to have any sort of preknowledge other than the basic stuff. I recommend a video called history of god of war, I think from gamespot? Just google it, half an hour long, really nice summary.

Preloaded the digital version, less than two days to go.

Edit: here you go...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AS0WL_eC6xw

This game has just surpassed The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (GBA), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64) and The Last of Us (PS3) on Metacritic.

Is it Thursday midnight already?

m4st4 wrote:
April 18th, 2018, 12:25 pm
This game has just surpassed The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (GBA), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64) and The Last of Us (PS3) on Metacritic.

Is it Thursday midnight already?
Will have it at my home tonight at 11 pm 😁. I should be able to get in 3 hours tonight barring a 5 hour install time lol.

God of War 2 is a masterpiece. I wonder if this will top that as the franchise's peak.£

Master Virgo wrote:
April 18th, 2018, 2:56 pm
God of War 2 is a masterpiece. I wonder if this will top that as the franchise's peak.£
Considering Cory Barlog was the game director of that and now returned for GoW, with more knowledge of the medium and life experience, high chance.

Other than Ascension which is still decent for the most part. I’m surprised at how well the whole series has been PSP titles and all. Watching that video, I had no idea they had so many different people leading each main game and how well the series has turned out.

Playing it right now, wow...wow wow wow wow. The axe is already becoming one of my favorite weapons, the first hour is more engaging and has you caring more about the characters than any other GoW game. The gameplay is very smooth and exploring is already a lot of fun.

Don’t click on the spoiler until you are 2 hours into the game
That fight with the Stranger might be the best cinematic scene I’ve ever seen in a game and I had no idea I was going to get my ass kicked by that character. Seriously, I was like holy shit when he launched Kratos with that uppercut.