is Kanye West our generation's MJ?

A place to discuss music and video games.
Kanye West doesn't hold a candle to what MJ was to music (I don't even care much for MJ). I've heard two live concerts and both were terrible (he needs auto tune). If some of his songs aren't autotune on his cds he must have had to tried to get the sound right a thousand more times than a person that can sing.

Kanye West as:

1. Producer: 10/10.
2. Rapper: 8.5/10.
3. Entertainer: 7.5/10.
4. Lyricist: 8.5/10.
===================
Overall Artist: 8.6/10.

Michael Jackson as:

1. Producer: 6/10.
2. Pop Artist: 10/10.
3. Entertainer: 10/10.
4. Lyricist: 7/10.
===================
Overall Artist: 8.2/10.

IMO Kanye West is a more talented guy based on the technical aspect and the lyricism but Michael Jackson knew how to entertain and therefore he is known not because of his songs but MOSTLY because the IMAGE of Michael Jackson which is... ENTERTAINMENT and MARKETING. MJ had 1000 people working for him if not more while Kanye West I doubt has 100...

The difference is big and imo Michael Jackson is the MAN and Kanye West is right now the best in his genre like MJ was in his. They are two different artists because where Kanye succeeds Michael fails and vice-versa... And MJ is the best because in POP music you don't need to be producer/writer... you hire someone to do it and if you can deliver it then you get everything...

Another thing is that Kanye West is NOT a POP artist... so... why even bother to compare them???... If you want to compare a Pop artist with MJ you could compare Lady Gaga... but not Kanye West..

kanye is a more talented guy, no doubt about it

i guess what i meant to say he's on the path to become as big of an icon as mj

talli wrote:kanye is a more talented guy, no doubt about it

I doubt that ... I think more of Lady Gaga to do that...

that girl composes/writes/delivers/entertains/sells/shocks

and she didn't need 7 years to make it to the big scene... she only needed 1 year..

RIFA wrote:
talli wrote:kanye is a more talented guy, no doubt about it

I doubt that ... I think more of Lady Gaga to do that...

that girl composes/writes/delivers/entertains/sells/shocks

and she didn't need 7 years to make it to the big scene... she only needed 1 year..

yeah shes an amazing talent

I cannot believe someone in this thread has said Kanye West was more talented/skilled than Michael Jackson. Cannot believe it at all.

Are these joke posts? What does Lady Gaga do so brilliantly? Her voice sounds decent but her songs are terrible (what are her songs even about?). Kanye can't sing or dance near close to what Michael Jackson could (this is coming from a person who doesn't have any MJ on my Ipod).

PowerDump wrote:Are these joke posts? What does Lady Gaga do so brilliantly? Her voice sounds decent but her songs are terrible (what are her songs even about?). Kanye can't sing or dance near close to what Michael Jackson could (this is coming from a person who doesn't have any MJ on my Ipod).

her songs are usually about love...they are in no way terrible...it takes talent to write something truly catchy...its walking a fine line of being cheesy and being brave enough to not repeat something generic

This thread is sad.