Bioshock Infinite

A place to discuss music and video games.
banepants wrote:
DreamPolice wrote: Yeah, I did not even fail once on regular difficulty.

I guess we're just naturals. :lol:

This part made me it's bitch at least 5 or 6 times. Any advice?
Don't waste Songbird on the barges after the first couple of minutes. Mainly use him for the zeppelins and taking out the patriots when they get close to the generator. If a barge comes by with a cannon, you can take it out easily with any decent weapon. Skylining up to the zeppelins is tempting but they waste valuable time. Keep an eye out for the medkit tears.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

Thanks for the advice. I finally got it with a bit of luck...a lot of luck and decent timing.

That ending?

Noooooooooo......noooo....no...........nooooooooooooo.......no..........noooooo

Time to check out the spoiler threads that p0g put up.

Fucking shit. I kind of knew it was coming....but SEEING it......
getting attached to the Elizabeth/Booker dynamic...then seeing that
Holy balls

banepants wrote:Thanks for the advice. I finally got it with a bit of luck...a lot of luck and decent timing.

That ending?

Holy balls
So how did you like the overall game?

Ruth wrote:
banepants wrote:Thanks for the advice. I finally got it with a bit of luck...a lot of luck and decent timing.

That ending?

Holy balls
So how did you like the overall game?
Loved it. Deeply. It's hard to say in the afterglow, but it might be my favorite game. I just wish it was longer. I got to the final battle last night and didn't realize it was the final battle until I started reading online.

banepants wrote:
Ruth wrote: So how did you like the overall game?
Loved it. Deeply. It's hard to say in the afterglow, but it might be my favorite game. I just wish it was longer. I got to the final battle last night and didn't realize it was the final battle until I started reading online.
Yeah, I know that feeling. I wish it was longer too, because everything in this game is just so awesome. Sometimes it happens with great games - when you start playing, you almost forget time and don't realize it until you're done.

Actually, I do think that the game truly suffers from its short length. One of my biggest gripes is its lack of focus, with themes and subplots coming up then disappearing again without much closure. There are a lot of things left unexplained and the story can be a blur, which is surprising considering how good a job the first Bioshock did of presenting its relatively complex narrative. To be honest, my enjoyment of the game was going down because of it, up until the ending.

I think that maybe 3-5 extra hours (plus a redraft of the script) could have made the narrative flow more smoothly through the second and third acts.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

The themes and subplots aren't supposed to have closure (while playing at least) because of the intention to leave them be as a simple part of the world and not separate/side storylines. That though inevitably leads to an overload of important information burdened into the background by things like voxophones and details that often don't attrack that much attention to themselves. This wouldn't have worked if the game itself wasn't a riddle, which it is and which is why it works perfectly. Ofc it strains me to have to pay attention to some stuff while playing but it wouldn't have worked otherwise. It's just taxing. I think that's why it's short and tense.

Whatever is left unexplained would seem excusable when you have in mind how this game contains explanation for so much other stuff, like it makes perfect sense out of why Booker would be able to get ressurected over and over again, thus introducing the meta-gaming-perspective.

darthnazgul wrote:Actually, I do think that the game truly suffers from its short length. One of my biggest gripes is its lack of focus, with themes and subplots coming up then disappearing again without much closure. There are a lot of things left unexplained and the story can be a blur, which is surprising considering how good a job the first Bioshock did of presenting its relatively complex narrative. To be honest, my enjoyment of the game was going down because of it, up until the ending.

I think that maybe 3-5 extra hours (plus a redraft of the script) could have made the narrative flow more smoothly through the second and third acts.
Yeah, I would really like 3-5 more hours. I went to bed very disappointed when I found out that I was almost done. Then, I got to the ending and I'm still in shock an hour later.

Actually I do agree on the length bit. It could've been longer.

I know that there was quite a bit of the game that was cut for some reason or another. I was a bit sad that they cut all the Saltonstall bits since he was pretty much the first enemy we saw any footage of. All we get to see of him in the final game was
his scalp along with the other founders.
Obviously the more of the game the better, but there must have been a good reason that it was cut.