Radiothread

A place to discuss music and video games.
Bacon wrote:
Fuckin amazing. I'm crying

Now if only they'd officially release a full version of the track. I know it exists. Why wait to release it when they could be promoting it?

Fantastic version, great collaboration.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09clppp
Sam Mendes speaks on what happened with Sam Smith vs. Radiohead doing Bond.

"Man of War" was intended to be the Bond song of Spectre. They were set to use that but they wanted an original song for Academy Award consideration. They asked Sam Smith to write one but then a month later Thom called them back saying they had "Spectre." Thom said he was fine with "Spectre" being an end credits song or song during the film itself rather than THE Bond song. Mendes said he tried really hard to get the song in the film but he couldn't do it. "It was too good a song to be used as a score."

Sam Mendes closed by saying he has seen with gritted teeth antovolk's cut of "Spectre" mixed with the opening credits and he thinks it's fabulous (sounds like he regrets not using it).

At the time I was quite mad that Radiohead didn't get the theme and Man Of War would be a great Bond theme and I really like the title track they produced but those 2 songs would be far too good for the disappointing mess that was SPECTRE, that the film got the awful caterwauling it deserved.

Maybe somewhere down the line they'll get another chance but then again whom I kidding, the next one will probably be fucking Ed Sheeran.

Can't believe I just found this...the last minutes are pure gold.

Fun fact: Thom almost was killed during that performance. When he jumped into the pool and tried to get out, he almost touched a live mic. Someone yanked the mic away at the last second, and he noticed and swam away.

Radiohead is suing Lana del Rey for her song "Get Free" which has clear similarities to "Creep." I'd normally agree with this move but "Creep" itself was semi-stolen by another song....bad business move.

Get Free is one of my favorite songs off of Lust For Life and after hearing Creep, it's obviously similar. She says it wasn't inspired by Creep.

The thing is she offered them 40% of the publishing but they want 100% which is unfair because the similarity is only in the verses while the chorus is all hers and has no similarities whatsoever with their song.