Radiothread

A place to discuss music and video games.
Bacon wrote:
Teslashelby wrote:
Bacon wrote:They don't play AMSP in order. They play first 5 tracks and then do 19 tracks from other albums, I believe. And I'd love to see them do a Bond theme, even Nolan would tbh, but it won't happen since they got two tracks rejected.
They do return to do more tracks from AMSP, I've not finished the whole show yet but it looks like they've done the bulk of the album.
I know. I've seen it. I saw them live. lol

They played 6 AMSP songs at my tour but that's 6 out of 25 songs. It's not overly AMSP but it also makes sense to play AMSP on the AMSP tour...?

I've known bands not play that much from new album on tour not that RH would do that, they very proud of AMSP and rightly so it's a brilliant album.

I wouldn't put it quite up with In Rainbows and I think OK Computer will always be my favourite but unlike others bands at this stage I don't see Radiohead treading water at any point.

Maybe we won't get a new album that often but when they arrive they are worth the wait, even King Of Limbs has some inspired moments.

I've been a fan of this band since the release of Creep, they've never really let me down and thankfully Pablo Honey remains their poorest offering.

I seriously hope they never slip into autopilot and coast on past glories and continue to piss off those who want the Bends 2.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
Teslashelby wrote:I seriously hope they never slip into autopilot and coast on past glories and continue to piss off those who want the Bends 2.
After 20 years is there anyone out there who seriously still thinks they might do The Bends 2.

No. But there's also an overly big crowd that has only listened to "Creep" and wont listen to their other stuff because its not emo/mopey/bad.

Bacon wrote:No. But there's also an overly big crowd that has only listened to "Creep" and wont listen to their other stuff because its not emo/mopey/bad.
Yeah and they always appear around the release of new album to bitch and moan about them not cranking up the guitars anymore when really only 2 albums of their career are that electronic dominated , Kid A & TKOL,

Amnesiac, HTTT, In Rainbows & AMSP have plenty of guitar on them just not angsty anthem type numbers that some think they should return to. I have to say I love the way they made a big anthem type song without using guitars and used a string section instead on Burn The Witch, clearly Jonny's experience with scoring came into effect there, those Bernard Herrmanesque string stabs are just genius.

Then they interpretet somewhat differently live by using guitars instead of the strings giving you 2 quite different versions of the song.

Don't get me wrong I think the Bends is a great album and huge leap from the unremarkable sounding debut but they left that for dust when they dropped OK Computer (still my favourite album since it's release and nothing since has topped it).

There really isn't a band in the last 25 years that has made the impact they have, no they haven't had massive multi platinum blockbuster releases but their influence is clear to see, even if that mean we get the likes of Coldplay from it, although they are more obviously ripping off U2.

Whenever a new Radiohead album gets released it creates waves and the internet goes into overdrive, yeah their version of Spectre might not have gone to no 1 like Wailings On The Wall but it would have had far more longevity than that Sam Smith dreck, that being said that dreadful film got the title song it deserved.

I'm kind of glad a Radiohead song is not associated with it.

I honestly kind of agree. Spectre turned out to get a lukewarm reception and I'd rather the song stand on it's own as a single than be permanently attached to the film.

Would I like to see them do a Nolan Bond theme? God yes, but I'm still unsure of that ever happening tbh.

In other news: Thom Yorke is headlining the Day For Night Festival. It's gonna have Thom and Nigel up there jamming. Prepare for lots of stuff like this (and hopefully some new tunes):

Thom Yorke + Hans Zimmer interview in a little over an hour
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b095g5mw
"(Ocean) Bloom" comes out tomorrow at 12pm BST. It's a joint orchestral composition between Hans Zimmer and Jonny Greenwood with newly recorded vocals from Thom.

That picture contains three of the biggest musical geniuses of our time.

lately, Yorke looks like he's 80 years old

-Thom and Jonny, recording sessions 2017

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Image
-Thom and Jonny, recording sessions 2017

-Vader
lmao