Radiothread

A place to discuss music and video games.
A Moon Shaped Pool's era/tour has now ended. Controversial Israel show is now completed. Only things left are Radiohead.tv updates and rumors of a couple of South America shows in early 2018 may change that but still. It's been exceptional.

Still gutted although it was for tragic reasons I missed my chance to see them in Manchester, just couldn't make the rescheduled date. I Had tickets for the day after at Manchester Evening News Arena and they rescheduled it for the day before at the Emirate Cricket Ground which I couldn't make.

One of my favourite bands of all time and I've only seen them once in 1997 on the OK Computer tour, still my best ever gig at Birmingham NEC, just hope they continue to stick around and not split up as some have speculated and maybe when they release another album I'll get to see them live once again.

Loved the Glastonbury set and AMSP is a superb album.

Not to jinx it, but Thom, Ed, and Jonny have all been pretty vocal that they're going to continue after AMSP. Thom's recent statements about the band continuing is the most important. We're about to go into a dark period for the band, but we've got a Thom score, 2 Jonny scores, Ed's solo album, and possibly a new Atoms for Peace and/or Thom solo record. It may be a while before LP10 but I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the end of Radiohead like some people can't stop speculating.

(Saw them in this year and it was the greatest concert I've been to so far. Right up front in the pit too. Thom smiled and gestured at me multiple times)

Bacon wrote:Not to jinx it, but Thom, Ed, and Jonny have all been pretty vocal that they're going to continue after AMSP. Thom's recent statements about the band continuing is the most important. We're about to go into a dark period for the band, but we've got a Thom score, 2 Jonny scores, Ed's solo album, and possibly a new Atoms for Peace and/or Thom solo record. It may be a while before LP10 but I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the end of Radiohead like some people can't stop speculating.

(Saw them in this year and it was the greatest concert I've been to so far. Right up front in the pit too. Thom smiled and gestured at me multiple times)
Lucky fuckin' bastard. And yeah AMSP era could easily be the best era. Gah, they're all the fucking best.

This is one of their best music videos.

Bacon wrote:

This is one of their best music videos.
Dunno if it's one of their best, or at least not one of my favorites i.e. There There, Daydreaming, Paranoid Android...but it is damn good! They just keep giving and giving, we truly live in glorious times.

I'd say their best music videos are Daydreaming, Knives Out, Paranoid Android, There There, and this.

I believe the Just video is one their best as well.

Thedarknight628 wrote:I believe the Just video is one their best as well.
Crap forgot that one. I'd put that up there too. This one ("Lift") is both touching and technically impressive. They're doing a lot of cool things as the set outside is actually there and they move it between the doors opening (see link below). I also love how this perfectly fits the tone of the song and I have an idea of Thom's views on looking back to 20 years ago and what's changed. Lots of interesting stuff at play here.
https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/inside-r ... hard-fans/