Radiothread

A place to discuss music and video games.
Able to see them twice next week but one of my friends (3 of us are going) doesn't want to go for the first of the two shows due to financial and personal reasons. He's riding with us and he's even willing to go up with us the day early to do so but he said he's willing chill in the city/sleep/eat/explore while my other friend and I go in and watch the show. He's prepared to see them the second time (already has his ticket) and is extremely excited to do so.

I want to see them twice and the second time for bad seats would be an extremely reasonable price if everything goes well, but I don't want to seem like a jerk leaving him alone (even though he honestly won't care that much). Hm.

Cannot wait to see what PTA does filming their last concert

xWhereAmI? wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 2:44 am
Source???

Bacon wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 2:56 am
xWhereAmI? wrote:
Source???
Their last concert on their tour one guy who helps out PTA's camera crew at my work says PTA is going to film the show. I think he may come in tomorrow to check out some lenses. (I work at Panavision)

xWhereAmI? wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 3:39 am
Bacon wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 2:56 am
xWhereAmI? wrote:
Source???
Their last concert on their tour one guy who helps out PTA's camera crew at my work says PTA is going to film the show. I think he may come in tomorrow to check out some lenses. (I work at Panavision)
So the second night in Philadelphia? Honestly that worries me a tad. I wonder if theyre thinking its their final concert....

I love Radiohead and have been a fan since the release of Creep and own all their albums on vinyl but have only seen them once on the OK Computer tour but I will be severely pissed off if they split up now.

I missed out seeing them last year because of the Manchester terrorist attack in the UK and couldn't make the resceduled date.

I'm pretty pissed off the way they treat their home country when it comes to gigs, you guys in the U.S get far more respect than we do.

Seriously hope they don't split as being a fan for over 20 years I believe I deserve at least another live show from one my favourite bands of all time.

Anyway I hope those seeing them on this tour enjoy themselves, the OKC tour is still the best of gig of my entire life.

I seriously hope they are still around for sometime to come even if it's an album every 3-4 years as A Moon Shaped Pool was an incredible album.

Teslashelby wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 7:29 pm
I love Radiohead and have been a fan since the release of Creep and own all their albums on vinyl but have only seen them once on the OK Computer tour but I will be severely pissed off if they split up now.

I missed out seeing them last year because of the Manchester terrorist attack in the UK and couldn't make the resceduled date.

I'm pretty pissed off the way they treat their home country when it comes to gigs, you guys in the U.S get far more respect than we do.

Seriously hope they don't split as being a fan for over 20 years I believe I deserve at least another live show from one my favourite bands of all time.

Anyway I hope those seeing them on this tour enjoy themselves, the OKC tour is still the best of gig of my entire life.

I seriously hope they are still around for sometime to come even if it's an album every 3-4 years as A Moon Shaped Pool was an incredible album.
Wow, you are really lucky to have seen them during that tour, there’s so much I would give to see them live during that era or during the early 2000s. I really hope those rumors are not true, because ever since I last saw them I just wanna see them again as soon as possible.

Thedarknight628 wrote:
July 21st, 2018, 5:14 am
Teslashelby wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 7:29 pm

Wow, you are really lucky to have seen them during that tour, there’s so much I would give to see them live during that era or during the early 2000s. I really hope those rumors are not true, because ever since I last saw them I just wanna see them again as soon as possible.
I completely appreciate how much I was gifted to have seen them then, it was an extraordinary experience and it hasn't been topped from a live point of view for me.

A totally incendiary version of Paranoid Android (possibly still my fav RH track although There There runs it close).

I've tried on numerous occasions to see them again and got so close last year then that awful tragedy at the Ariana Grande gig in Manchester put paid to it, small fry compared to my gripes, they rescheduled the venue for the night I wasn't going to and due to work and financial reasons I had to admit surrender and get a refund.

I really hope it isn't the end, AMSP has shown Jonny's scoring has really enriched their sound even more, Burn The Witch was such an incredible tune, a guitar anthem without guitars and that Herrmanesque like string stabs, also that build up to that crescendo at the end recalls Day In The Life that Macca & Martin revisted for Live & Let Die

I kind of think it could have been a helluva a Bond theme, I like their Spectre track although Man of War would have made one of the best Bond themes since Nobody Does It Better (ironically covered by RH). Although I'm glad the boys weren't attached to my 40 +years of being a Bond fan was for me the worst entries in the ser ever, no there has been worse films in the series history but the expectation was too much for me and I was utterly deflated that they followed up Skyfall with that Brothergate, lazy underwhelming and suspenseless pile of toss, anyway I digress.

I just hope at some point I get a chance to see them again and also we can be afforded more material I think we could if they all stay friends and continue to be excited about returning to Radiohead could see a band that has the kind of longevity that we have from U2 but the difference rather than being bothered about commercial acceptability they continue to push the envelope.

For me the reason why I've stayed a fan is because they don't repeat themselves and don't give a shit about shifting units, if they did we'd get The Bends 2, 3 & 4.

Also quite excited to hear what Thom delivers with his Suspiria score.

There is no reason for RH to end now and doing so would be a relatively bad move for the band, especially considering how vocal everyone has been recently about continuing. Thom said they intend to keep going, Jonny joked about influences for LP10, Ed implied they'd pick back up the guitars after 2018 soon enough. Thom even told people in Chicago (I believe) the second night they were there that they'd be back and would see them again.

PTA filming their concert in Philly is not necessarily a bad sign, but I really cannot think of a reason for them to get him to do that tbh... No one's specifically asking for a new pro-shot concerts because we've gotten so many of them over the past 2 years. That's the only reason I'm worried, is that it's for some RH documentary or something that will close out the band. It shouldn't be though. It may even be for a second Junun documentary or something.

AMSP showed their potential for greatness has not diminished at all and they were clearly shocked by the strong critical reception it got from fans and professionals alike. I would like to think they'd prefer to go out the R.E.M. way if they got to choose, making a record intended to be their final one. Just my two cents.

Here's an especially good pro-shot from last year:

Bacon wrote:
July 21st, 2018, 1:42 pm
There is no reason for RH to end now and doing so would be a relatively bad move for the band, especially considering how vocal everyone has been recently about continuing. Thom said they intend to keep going, Jonny joked about influences for LP10, Ed implied they'd pick back up the guitars after 2018 soon enough. Thom even told people in Chicago (I believe) the second night they were there that they'd be back and would see them again.

PTA filming their concert in Philly is not necessarily a bad sign, but I really cannot think of a reason for them to get him to do that tbh... No one's specifically asking for a new pro-shot concerts because we've gotten so many of them over the past 2 years. That's the only reason I'm worried, is that it's for some RH documentary or something that will close out the band. It shouldn't be though. It may even be for a second Junun documentary or something.

AMSP showed their potential for greatness has not diminished at all and they were clearly shocked by the strong critical reception it got from fans and professionals alike. I would like to think they'd prefer to go out the R.E.M. way if they got to choose, making a record intended to be their final one. Just my two cents.

Here's an especially good pro-shot from last year:
Oh yes I remember him saying that they’ll come back soon