Red Dead Redemption 2

A place to discuss music and video games.
maybe you should spoiler tag that

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
December 14th, 2018, 12:05 am
maybe you should spoiler tag that

-Vader
Fixed it. My bad.

So this is super nerdy and like a personal preference thing, but ...

I finished a second playthrough and I'm in the epilogue again and
I managed to save all the side missions, bounties, and challenges for John, except of course for the strangers missions you can only do with Arthur.

I found the perfect time to do this is right after Abigail and Jack leave, and John is tasked with meeting Sadie and/or buying the property from the bank. Like, narratively it makes sense to me that John would just go around exploring, getting bounties, and living the gunslinger life at this moment in the story.

I turned off the music (because it barely plays anyway, which annoys me to no end) and listen to a custom Spotify playlist I created for walking simulation in this game, Skyrim and Witcher 3. It includes music from like The Revenant, Prisoners, Knight of Cups, and other scores I consider "dark" and "brooding".

Now I'm just roaming and exploring every little thing with John. Taking my goddamn fucking time with the game, with a goal to 100% it. It's so damn peaceful and engaging. I don't think I've ever wanted to 100% a game so eagerly.

I thought The Witcher 3's world was immersive, but now I just feel disappointed I can't engage with CDPR's world as much as I can with this one.

A perfect encapsulation of this is that my single favorite game mechanic is that you can hold Triangle or Y and kneel down to "rest" virtually anywhere, and then set up camp or craft/cook. It's a little thing, but it makes it feel like I'm actually part of the world when I can take a break and just look out at the landscape.

anyway,

still 10/10 boahs for me

sorry, this was really unnecessary

Cilogy wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 2:07 pm

I managed to save all the side missions, bounties, and challenges for John, except of course for the strangers missions you can only do with Arthur.

I found the perfect time to do this is right after Abigail and Jack leave, and John is tasked with meeting Sadie and/or buying the property from the bank. Like, narratively it makes sense to me that John would just go around exploring, getting bounties, and living the gunslinger life at this moment in the story.

I turned off the music (because it barely plays anyway, which annoys me to no end) and listen to a custom Spotify playlist I created for walking simulation in this game, Skyrim and Witcher 3. It includes music from like The Revenant, Prisoners, Knight of Cups, and other scores I consider "dark" and "brooding".

Now I'm just roaming and exploring every little thing with John. Taking my goddamn fucking time with the game, with a goal to 100% it. It's so damn peaceful and engaging. I don't think I've ever wanted to 100% a game so eagerly.

I thought The Witcher 3's world was immersive, but now I just feel disappointed I can't engage with CDPR's world as much as I can with this one.

A perfect encapsulation of this is that my single favorite game mechanic is that you can hold Triangle or Y and kneel down to "rest" virtually anywhere, and then set up camp or craft/cook. It's a little thing, but it makes it feel like I'm actually part of the world when I can take a break and just look out at the landscape.

anyway,

still 10/10 boahs for me

You're alright, boah.

Cilogy wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 2:07 pm

anyway,

still 10/10 boahs for me

Personally I've found that
doing the side missions and extra stuff with John is depressing as hell, I wish I had done them all as Arthur before finishing Chapter 6. I much prefer Arthur's sayings and demeanor over John's. I would often just run into people so I could hear "OUTTA THE DAMN WAY" or "Hey there, mister." :thumbup:

The ending really paid off if you had good honor and went up the cliff with John. The passing of the hat and the horse part got me good as well as the sunset over Arthur's body

Still feel that the lack of a WORK YA DAMN NAG reference hurts it

sorry to bump but its so great picking this game up again

it's the new walking simulator

like, I turn it on now and I'm just shocked that this game exists

anyone still playing?

I'm sitting here waiting for the PC port like