Red Dead Redemption 2

A place to discuss music and video games.

well well well

Guess I'll finally have to put my GTX 970 and 8GB of RAM to rest.

This is the first game I haven't been able to play even on "high" settings. Freezing, low frame rates, frustration.

Thought I'd be able to get away with it, cuz I was thinking "shit I can play The Witcher 3 and it runs like butter" but this game is so hungry and/or poorly optimized and I honestly feel I'd be doing it a disservice to play on low settings just to get 60 FPS. Literally cannot get through the first few cutscenes or the first mission without freezing/crashing.

Really surprising considering how smooth GTA V on PC was at launch.

Theres reports of guys with lower end rigs that can play it better than guys with high end

prince0gotham wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 5:41 pm
Theres reports of guys with lower end rigs that can play it better than guys with high end
Wtf.

Dammit Rockstar don't make me regret this.

Honestly i never expected it to be so fucky, I mean, if it runs so fine on a damn PS4. Its just a meme at this point.

TIL even if you buy it on Steam, you have to use Rockstar's launcher.

They also apparently forced GTAV users to do the same.

Yeah, I'll pass.

Forum Pro
Law
So I just played and beat this...

I was, am still very sad at what happened to my boy. But this made me feel better..

Even that music is depressing AF once you remember what it's sandwiched between in terms of John's story

but yeah, best thing to have in the background while cleaning

meanwhile, RDO has become a fine and addicting game, if I forget about the stucky loading screens which require me to restart it every hour or so

Got spoiled couple of weeks ago about what happens towards the end of story and
Arthur's getting TB. So the surprise was ruined when the TB sickness was revealed.
Now i'm somewhere in chapter 6 anticipating what's to come and not sure i'm ready. Luckily there were still some stuff that wasn't spoiled, so i got to experienced some of the other surprises.

And yes, Dutch, i do insist. I don't think i ever disliked a video game character as much as i do towards Dutch and Micha.