Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.
Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

I think this can be good for the franchise. It'll give Capcom a chance to reflect on what made the earlier games such a success. I had just recently played the remake for the original, and it holds up extremely well. Probably the best remake for a game that I've played, so hopefully they'll take pointers from that.

SilverHeart wrote:Kingdom Hearts 3 release date is apparently coming at D23 this weekend. It's rumored that Square Enix also will have some new stuff along with it.
Holy shit I really hope that's true. Thanks for the heads up man!

darthnazgul wrote:Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

I think this can be good for the franchise. It'll give Capcom a chance to reflect on what made the earlier games such a success. I had just recently played the remake for the original, and it holds up extremely well. Probably the best remake for a game that I've played, so hopefully they'll take pointers from that.
Oh snap! Wonderful news! I'm still going through Resi:Remake and yes, it's a goldie. Never played two, only Nemesis (which will hopefully get a remaster some day as well).

Blizzard has revealed its RTS team may indeed revisit the Warcraft franchise once the last chapter in the StarCraft II story is complete. Speaking to IGN at Gamescom, StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void producer Tim Morten admitted that while the potential is certainly there for StarCraft III focusing on all-new characters, it's not the only option available to them.

"It’s very rewarding for us to hear that there’s demand out there for more RTS content in the Warcraft universe so once we’re done with Void I think we’ll get together as a team and talk about what would inspire us to work on next. There’s no question, though, that we’ll consider Warcraft, StarCraft, or even new ideas. Anything is possible."

Though far from an airtight confirmation, it certainly seems Blizzard is keener on the idea than it once was. Until recently the company had asserted MMO World of Warcraft was the future of the franchise - it now seems we could see a new RTS after all.
:shock:

m4st4 wrote:

Blizzard has revealed its RTS team may indeed revisit the Warcraft franchise once the last chapter in the StarCraft II story is complete. Speaking to IGN at Gamescom, StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void producer Tim Morten admitted that while the potential is certainly there for StarCraft III focusing on all-new characters, it's not the only option available to them.

"It’s very rewarding for us to hear that there’s demand out there for more RTS content in the Warcraft universe so once we’re done with Void I think we’ll get together as a team and talk about what would inspire us to work on next. There’s no question, though, that we’ll consider Warcraft, StarCraft, or even new ideas. Anything is possible."

Though far from an airtight confirmation, it certainly seems Blizzard is keener on the idea than it once was. Until recently the company had asserted MMO World of Warcraft was the future of the franchise - it now seems we could see a new RTS after all.
:shock:

"thinking about"... and usual Blizzard dev time = See ya in min. 8 years

Bros just upgraded PC, I have no idea what's new... Radeon R9 (2GB) I think and 8GBs... processor is still quad core. Hoping for a butter smooth Mortal Kombat X and at least a decent Witcher 3 performance but the latter is not given, I have no idea what to expect, they're testing tonight.

thrice wrote:"thinking about"... and usual Blizzard dev time = See ya in min. 8 years
lmao. accurate though.
prince0gotham wrote:
Really really considering getting this by september.

Confirmed, Radeon R9 270X 2GB, any thoughts on this particular card?

PC will mostly play WOW (standard) but also MKX, Witcher 3 and Phantom Pain when it comes out.

Seems decent enough. All I know is I'm getting this bad boy: