Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.
I can't believe i'm saying this, but Millhouse Manastorm is somewhat decent, and fun, in my custom made recruit paladin deck. Also, Prince Liam and Aluneth might be my favorite legendaries in Hearthstone- so much fun can ensue if you build your deck around it.

Anyone actually watch or play the demo of Anthem?

It looks like straight up dogshit. Just watched a comparison video of the 2017 E3 video versus the demo and there is a Watch Dogs level of a downgrade. I see this game flopping hard.

Oh there's a Titanfall Battle Royal game being released today? Doesn't look appealing despite it being free, might give it a try someday. I mean, they took out what made Titanfall stood out.

Havoc1st wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 12:15 am
Oh there's a Titanfall Battle Royal game being released today? Doesn't look appealing despite it being free, might give it a try someday. I mean, they took out what made Titanfall stood out.
Yeah I’m actually pissed about it. It doesn’t mean there won’t be a Titanfall 3 at some point but it will be a long ass ways away if there is one.

So Crackdown 3 comes out in a few days and there is zero hype for it. Pretty much every preview has has mixed reactions at best and the destruction mode isn’t nearly as good as what they showed 4 years ago. Expect another bad Microsoft Exclusive.

Can the game already let me punch/slap Carver in Dragon Age 2? He's such a-hole. I'm glad told him he's being an ass (in a humorous sense, nonetheless point still made). Mage Hawke against Carver is just juicy is my kind of drama.

Anyway, enjoying the game more than Origins.

My gamestop has Battlefield 1 used for $10....been looking for a good online game (RIP Red Dead). Any of y'all played it? Is it good? Looks fun to me.

Havoc1st wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 4:04 am
Can the game already let me punch/slap Carver in Dragon Age 2? He's such a-hole. I'm glad told him he's being an ass (in a humorous sense, nonetheless point still made). Mage Hawke against Carver is just juicy is my kind of drama.

Anyway, enjoying the game more than Origins.
With a few years of distance now, I definitely agree DA2 was more enjoyable. People bash the cartoonishness of it, but I find it really endearing. I also found the combat more fun than Origins. The characters are sort of too serious in Origins, and I guess that makes sense if it's more like Baldur's Gate or whatever, but DA2 was more memorable.

Enjoy it, because Inquisition looks pretty but is a total slog.

Also fuck Carver, I liked Bethany more anyway.

Yeah, the combat in DA2 is way more enjoyable and i also like the less serious tone of the game more. I'm still in Act 1 of the game so i'm taking the time to enjoy it.
Cilogy wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 10:41 am
Enjoy it, because Inquisition looks pretty but is a total slog.
I actually really enjoyed Inquisition ( i completed it before starting Origns). It didn't feel like a slog (unlike Origns) to me despite how open the areas were. Besides, playing as a tempest archer was really fun.

Played Apex Legends the past few days. Honestly, i don't get the praise it's getting; it's good, not great. It barely does enough to make me stop thinking that it's just another similar battle royale game. Maybe it's just me just still suffering from battle royale fatigue from playing too much Fortnite last year.

Also, for the past week i've started and have been playing Eternal Card Game. It's a really good game- highly recommended. It's familiar enough but at the same time it's different enough to be a nice breath of fresh air after being stuck with Hearthstone. Takes some time to get used to the mechanics and keywords, but once you settle in it's really good. Also the rewards are really generous; 100x more generous than Hearthstone.