Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.
holy shit

that direct was awful

Okay so summary of the Direct:
Two final characters of the base roster revealed: Ken (Street Fighter) and Inceneroar (Pokemon).
59 assist trophies in total.
Spirits mode revealed. Trophies have been replaced with Spirits, which you use to power up your characters through various challenges that mirror the character the Spirit is based on (e.g. For Hal Emmerich from Metal Gear, you fight Dr Mario and ROB with the latter protecting the former). Includes new adventure mode, World of Light.
More online options. Can search by ruleset. You gain tags for beating players online which you can trade in for coins to use for Spirits, music or Mii fighter customisation.
There are five DLC characters planned, each with their own stage. There is a Fighters Pass for all five. None of them have been developed yet.
In addition to the planned five DLC characters, there is another that you can get if you pre-order the game: Piranha Plant from Mario (yes, really).
All DLC included, the roster comes to 80.

Why would they blow their load as early as they did if they literally didn't have anything other than their collectible system to show here? They purposefully hid characters only to reveal they're still assist trophies? Wtf is wrong with Nintendo

This is why you keep your expectations in check.

I'll admit, I would have liked to have seen Isaac, Spring Man and Shantae, but I was satisfied with just what was revealed at E3. Everything since then has been a bonus, in my eyes.

It's not about expectations. I had none. As a company, you don't hype up a 40 minute direct and then devote it all to stuff people don't care about. If that's all you can come up with, you gotta not reveal stuff so early on and then reveal it here. It's all about the follow through.

Bacon wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 11:05 am
It's not about expectations. I had none. As a company, you don't hype up a 40 minute direct and then devote it all to stuff people don't care about. If that's all you can come up with, you gotta not reveal stuff so early on and then reveal it here. It's all about the follow through.
Sakurai straight up said to not expect that many new fighters.

darthnazgul wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 11:10 am
Bacon wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 11:05 am
Sakurai straight up said to not expect that many new fighters.
That's not what I'm saying. It's about distributing the content they have. If they didn't have many new fighters for this new direct, they needed to reveal spirits earlier and make the headlines here with the new characters. It's about getting attention so you can get those pre-orders and pre-purchases. Devoting 40 minutes to a collectible system and online details is an unnecessary and even risky move to make this close to release.

BFV is shaping up to be the best battlefield since BF3 but everybody is playing CoD or RDR2

So Diablo is one of the greatest video game franchises ever, in my opinion. But sadly, Blizzard is doing everything they can to destroy it.

Diablo 3 came out six years ago, and it got one DLC in 2014. After that, pretty much nothing. Everyone wants Diablo 4. Or if not that, then at least a D2 remaster to play in the meantime. Today Blizzard decided to take a huge dump on all Diablo fans by announcing a fucking cheap ass F2P Diablo mobile game, and didn't announce anything else for the franchise. It's a big fucking joke.

I'm a huge Blizzard-fan for the most. Never played WoW so have no experience there, but I have pretty much only great memories from Diablo 2 and 3, Hearthstone and Overwatch (and some HotS). But the way they have treated the Diablo brand after the Reaper of Souls expansion is laughable.

GameCube controller picked up for Smash (released today in stores) and if you want/need one at all for even a GameCube I would pick one up. Damn new GC controllers were around $80 new on EBay about 3 months ago, don’t know if these are things that’ll sell out or not.

Random, but if anyone wants God of War collectors edition it is $59.99 at GameStop right now.