Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 4th, 2018, 11:31 am
PowerDump wrote:
September 4th, 2018, 10:26 am
It’s at a 88 right now and ACG said it’s definitely a buy, that’s why people are looking forward to it Cilogy.
Yes, but why is it? That's what he's asking. What's separating this game from the others when it comes to the web-slinging wall-crawler?

I asked the same question with Rocket League. It's a fantastic game, no doubt... but I sat back and asked: "What is this game doing that Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars didn't do?" I noted some important answers, such as:

- When RL came out, it was a free-to-purchase title for a month.
- Better online play and matchups.
- Across all current-gen platforms and PC.
- Everything was made simpler, from the arenas to the game's damn name. Made it more attractive.

Now I'm not here also questioning why this SM game is better than the others, but because I have been trying to remain largely spoiler-free I also don't have the answers for him either. Curious as to whether others have a better handle of it.

Is the game more sandbox-ish, where like you travel to your missions and have many side-missions along the way that you can do as well as find collectibles, build up your honor level, etc.? Is there something in the gameplay mechanics that is just better? Is it because the game is purty? That Insomniac just has a great track record?

Any and all responses are welcomed, thanks.
Yeah, that^

I just said it in a much shittier/lazier way

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 4th, 2018, 11:31 am
PowerDump wrote:
September 4th, 2018, 10:26 am
It’s at a 88 right now and ACG said it’s definitely a buy, that’s why people are looking forward to it Cilogy.
Yes, but why is it? That's what he's asking. What's separating this game from the others when it comes to the web-slinging wall-crawler?

I asked the same question with Rocket League. It's a fantastic game, no doubt... but I sat back and asked: "What is this game doing that Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars didn't do?" I noted some important answers, such as:

- When RL came out, it was a free-to-purchase title for a month.
- Better online play and matchups.
- Across all current-gen platforms and PC.
- Everything was made simpler, from the arenas to the game's damn name. Made it more attractive.

Now I'm not here also questioning why this SM game is better than the others, but because I have been trying to remain largely spoiler-free I also don't have the answers for him either. Curious as to whether others have a better handle of it.

Is the game more sandbox-ish, where like you travel to your missions and have many side-missions along the way that you can do as well as find collectibles, build up your honor level, etc.? Is there something in the gameplay mechanics that is just better? Is it because the game is purty? That Insomniac just has a great track record?

Any and all responses are welcomed, thanks.

To me at least a few things standout, and most of them are right there in your questions (again this is for me).

Yes, the game does look gorgeous for an open world game and all the production values seem great which is very important in bringing super hero type games to life. Yes, Insomniac is a really good developer as well, that’s probably my start off point for jumping the gun and getting hyped for any game; I need to know if it is coming from someone fairly reliable. From the gameplay vids, it seems to draw heavily from the Arkham games (which I love) but after watching just 5 minutes of gameplay it looks like there are a ton of moves and things in the environment to interact with so combat doesn’t look like it will get stale.

🕷️

should I use my FIFA 19 money for this, that's the real question here

Cilogy wrote:
September 4th, 2018, 4:01 pm
should I use my FIFA 19 money for this, that's the real question here
If that's your question - no. Or listen to SkillUp's first minute.

🕷

In case you heard those downgrade rumours, this might put your mind at ease:

darthnazgul wrote:
September 4th, 2018, 7:06 pm
In case you heard those downgrade rumours, this might put your mind at ease:
I would bet a hundred dollars that most of that noise about downgrades was from people that don’t have access to the game. In my YouTube feed there were 2 videos on the downgrades and all I needed to do was watch 2 minutes of them to know the downgrades weren’t really anything at all. Some spots were a tiny bit worse than the E3 vid, some parts were touched up and looked better, none of the differences were even noticeable unless side by side.

It reminded me of the “PS4 isn’t completely flat on the bottom” where a gaming website mentioned that and then there were tons and tons of videos by fanboys/trolls stating the PS4 doesn’t lay completely flat so it will cause problems for you and when the system released it wasn’t an issue at all.

I got a message... saying this might arrive tomorrow. Hold me.🕷️

'So, like, what's the appeal... dude?'

Tomorrow. 🕷

I don't want to spend the money on the game, esp when RDR2 is right around the corner but damn I'm tempted

-Vader