Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.
m4st4 wrote:
April 10th, 2018, 5:22 pm
PowerDump wrote:
April 10th, 2018, 12:07 pm
It looks like reviews for God of War come out on Thursday (at least IGN’s). Hopefully that’s a good sign.
Embargo lifts on Thursday (I believe tommorow midnight), for errrybody.
I’m trying to figure out what’s expected in general of this game reception wise? I’m stoked for it and truly hope it’s amazing, but is everyone expecting it to be as good as the original trilogy? I find it extremely hard for it to achieve that but hopefully I’m wrong.

SSM devs are joining the twitter hype train, Sony just published a note how they’re satisfied with preorder numbers and expect them to increase once the reviews start and embargo lifts eight days before the release date. What do you think?

m4st4 wrote:
April 10th, 2018, 9:02 pm
SSM devs are joining the twitter hype train, Sony just published a note how they’re satisfied with preorder numbers and expect them to increase once the reviews start and embargo lifts eight days before the release date. What do you think?
Haha yeah that sounds really good. I’m just not sure how most people feel after Ascension and if that affected their expectations or not. Either way I’m stoked, I have one of the collectors editions pre ordered as well as the collectors strategy guide (suck it GameStop for pricing it wrong at $20 lol). So yeah, I guess you could say I’m all in lol.

I think God of War will be great. Some will be turned off that the gameplay does not resemble the prior games but I think the changes have been good and necessary. Have mine pre-ordered and can't wait.

Wow, God of War is currently right up there with the best in the series in reviews... I mean holy shit.

Lol I glanced at Gamefaqs last night and there were a ton of topics on false first reviews (claiming they were real) and people were claiming in the topic “wow, so much for being a Game of the Year candidate”. Gamefaqs, what a toxic waste of a website that is just as bad as IMDB where the message boards deserve to be axed.

94 Metascore with a ton of critics already. That's nuts. Only Zelda and Mario did better last year.

Sanchez wrote:
April 12th, 2018, 7:51 am
94 Metascore with a ton of critics already. That's nuts. Only Zelda and Mario did better last year.
Word. I think the craziest thing is all the praise for the relationship/interactions between Kratos and the kid. The series never had great characters and now those two are supposed to be amazing? Freaking awesome.

So happy I got the collectors edition for what looks like will be a classic.

Wow, God of War bumped up to a 95 on Metacritic on 83 reviews. Rockstar and NaughtyDog (is Last of Us 2 officially set for this year?) need to bring their A game to get the most GOTY awards this year.

The fuck is this shit Blizzard? This new fucking expansion is as bad as the dinosaur one.

£