Star Wars: Battlefront (NOV 2015 on PC, XBOX ONE & PS4)

A place to discuss music and video games.
darthnazgul wrote:I feel like if it's coming a month before The Force Awakens, we'd have seen some gameplay or trailer by now.
There's already gameplay footage. It's just not for the public to see yet. Wait for the next big gaming convention.

As for the rumors... I'd say most of it sounds not that far-fetched.

I wish the Free Radical version got released. That looked more or less perfect as the third installment. This is a series where iterative development and steady refinement is welcome because the core game is so fun and simple. I still play Battlefront 2 to this day for that very reason.

Cop 223 wrote:I wish the Free Radical version got released. That looked more or less perfect as the third installment. This is a series where iterative development and steady refinement is welcome because the core game is so fun and simple. I still play Battlefront 2 to this day for that very reason.
Don't worry. This one will deliver.

Cop 223 wrote:I wish the Free Radical version got released. That looked more or less perfect as the third installment. This is a series where iterative development and steady refinement is welcome because the core game is so fun and simple. I still play Battlefront 2 to this day for that very reason.
Dice is likely to have taken some inspiration from what Free Radical was planning. I fully expect the space to planetside combat to be a thing.

I want the original running and gunning mechanics to stay mostly stay the same (including the third person). That's my main concern.
But yeah, fingers crossed. In my head I can so a present-day version of the game, that keeps the gameplay of the first two, has stunning visuals, remains faithful but still has creative level design, and has a whole variety of options and features in the instant action mode. The campaign should avoid the set-piecey approach and have the typical, match to match basis (like in the Rise of The Empire mode) and also retain the Galactic Conquest as well. And as I mentioned previously, Instant Action, that is where the focus should be. That, I feel is the meat of the game.

lol watch it become a Battlefield rehash

Cop 223 wrote:I want the original running and gunning mechanics to stay mostly stay the same (including the third person). That's my main concern.
There's gonna be third-person and first-person. As for running and gunning... this is 2015. The game will be much more tactical than that. It's not gonna be just "dumb fun". It will more than likely involve synergy between classes like in the Battlefield games. It will probably involve some of the popular modes (CQ, Hero Assault, Space Assault, CTF) as well as new ones, probably some even from the battlefield series. I mean Hotwire, Titan, Rush, Rescue or Obliteration, all look great for a SW game.

Battlefront II was a gem for it's time but it was still a pretty messy and flawed game. I honestly want a lot of the features in that game that made it flawed to be gone. I want an improved version with much more content, with a much more solid campaign (I want a story and not just large fights... the MP can have that), and with a really epic and realistic (in the SW spirit) multiplayer.

I'm sure the game will have levolution as well in it and it's gonna be pretty huge. What I would like with this levolution thing would be basically to unlock a raid-boss in a MP session. That would be pretty awesome.

That's pretty much why I wanted the FR version released when it was supposed to. And then have more incremental installments as the years went on.

So i played some battlefront 2 on gameranger yesterday