Hideo Kojima Official Thread

A place to discuss music and video games.
TeddyBlass wrote:
darthnazgul wrote: From the Keifer Sutherland announcement video, it seems they wanted someone with a close enough age to Snake that can act through both voice and facial expression. The odd thing though is that Hayter is 44 and has done acting outside of his voice work.

Kojima also said that this something of a renewal of the series and moving on to a different actor was part of it. Hayter wasn't even approached. I feel like this is something we'll know more about in a few years time.

Must not be the case, there had to be some sort of disagreement. My buddy Cris is in his mid-late 20s.
Nolan Fans exclusive, right there.

they are just milking the franchise using Big Boss' character arc. But hey i am not complaining as long as they introduce a young Frank Jaeger :ninja:

Viral114 wrote:they are just milking the franchise using Big Boss' character arc. But hey i am not complaining as long as they introduce a young Frank Jaeger :ninja:
lol

When I think of next-gen, I think of this...

Thank you Kojima, for the fifth time, and Kiefer IS Punished Snake!

m4st4 wrote:When I think of next-gen, I think of this...

Thank you Kojima, for the fifth time, and Kiefer IS Punished Snake!
Favorite part of the conference for me. as well as of course the Halo reveal

Just bjutiful. Next-gen games are made by visionaries, not techies.

This game looks and is going to be so great.

I've never played any of the MGS franchise...I think that might change.

Addicted2Movies wrote:I've never played any of the MGS franchise...I think that might change.
Welcome aboard soldier. 8-)

Everyone, seen those child soldiers? Damn.

m4st4 wrote:
Addicted2Movies wrote:I've never played any of the MGS franchise...I think that might change.
Welcome aboard soldier. 8-)

Everyone, seen those child soldiers? Damn.
They are a recurring feature, after all a major theme of the series is war and it's effects. They were seen in Metal Gear 2 but never elaborated on (kids just happen to be hanging around Zanzibar Land in Big Boss' military regime? HMM) and later obviously discussed between Raiden and Rose with more detail in Metal Gear Solid 2. Guess they are going to be front and centre this time, Kojima had been talking about "taboos" a few months back after all.