Trailer #1

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
El Especial wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 5:55 pm
what about Italy? I think only in the prologue
The boat scenes with Branagh, Debicki and JDW, I guess

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 2:44 pm
El Especial wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 5:55 pm
what about Italy? I think only in the prologue
The boat scenes with Branagh, Debicki and JDW, I guess
Oh yeah

I've been doing some research. So in the trailer, we see a guy with the gas mask sitting in an Audi. A lot of people have been speculating you need the gas mask when moving backwards in time (this may only apply for prolonged periods of time). We see JDW and Pattinson in the BMW, and they seem to be driving forwards in time since the cars are moving forward. The Audi, however, is moving backwards in time. There is also a white car that seems to be driving backwards in time. In this white car may have been JDW's allies or someone trying to stop the bad guys. We then see the white car crash, which I believe is from TWO perspectives. One from the Audi driver who caused the car to crash, and the car crashes normally. The other is from JDW and Pattinsons POV, and they see the car crash in reverse. So we see the crash from TWO perspectives. What does this mean? This may mean that we see this event happen two different times during the movie. It doesn't make sense to show the car crash forwards and backwards back to back. This can also support the theory that this movie is a palindrome. First half of the movie we see the car crash in reverse, then the second half of the movie we see it happen in real time.
And if you guys have seen the prologue, you'll know that Branagh (who has the gas mask on) and Debicki's character is in the back of the Audi (I think?)
What do you guys think?

speedy117 wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 4:09 pm
I've been doing some research. So in the trailer, we see a guy with the gas mask sitting in an Audi. A lot of people have been speculating you need the gas mask when moving backwards in time (this may only apply for prolonged periods of time). We see JDW and Pattinson in the BMW, and they seem to be driving forwards in time since the cars are moving forward. The Audi, however, is moving backwards in time. There is also a white car that seems to be driving backwards in time. In this white car may have been JDW's allies or someone trying to stop the bad guys. We then see the white car crash, which I believe is from TWO perspectives. One from the Audi driver who caused the car to crash, and the car crashes normally. The other is from JDW and Pattinsons POV, and they see the car crash in reverse. So we see the crash from TWO perspectives. What does this mean? This may mean that we see this event happen two different times during the movie. It doesn't make sense to show the car crash forwards and backwards back to back. This can also support the theory that this movie is a palindrome. First half of the movie we see the car crash in reverse, then the second half of the movie we see it happen in real time.
And if you guys have seen the prologue, you'll know that Branagh (who has the gas mask on) and Debicki's character is in the back of the Audi (I think?)
What do you guys think?
That is actually a very interesting point you made. That simply means that
black Audi and silver car were chasing each other while traveling back in time (but moving forwards though past)going full speed in an opposite way on highway and when the silver car crashes it all happens while whole world is moving backwards ....so passers by like JDW who are in present see it happening in reverse which looks pretty absurd and scary. I was also wondering how will Branagh (from his POV moving back in time) interact with other people who are moving in reverse like JDW and Pattinson? He cannot talk to them.. but maybe only show gestures, like we see after prologue he shows them those 2 or 3 fingers

pk12 wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 5:55 pm
speedy117 wrote:
What do you guys think?
black Audi and silver car were chasing each other while traveling back in time (but moving forwards though past)going full speed in an opposite way on highway and when the silver car crashes it all happens while whole world is moving backwards ....so passers by like JDW who are in present see it happening in reverse which looks pretty absurd and scary. I was also wondering how will Branagh (from his POV moving back in time) interact with other people who are moving in reverse like JDW and Pattinson? He cannot talk to them.. but maybe only show gestures, like we see after prologue he shows them those 2 or 3 fingers
Oh wow, that's a great point about the gestures. That prologue scene is quite intriguing, maybe Branagh is telling JDW how many hours or days or minutes he has left to live.

El Especial wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 6:16 pm
pk12 wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 5:55 pm
speedy117 wrote:
What do you guys think?
Oh wow, that's a great point about the gestures. That prologue scene is quite intriguing, maybe Branagh is telling JDW how many hours or days or minutes he has left to live.
One thing that's interesting is Debicki's character in that scene. It seems like she's a love interest of Branagh, but it looks like she's held hostage or something? I've heard someone say she looks troubled because they are going in reverse and it is hard for her to breath or whatever.

I doubt that. In behind the scenes photos you could clearly see she had been beaten up by someone, she had a clear bruise under her right eye

El Especial wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 6:31 pm
I doubt that. In behind the scenes photos you could clearly see she had been beaten up by someone, she had a clear bruise under her right eye
I never looked at the set photos, I didn't know that my bad.

Forum Pro
During the reel that plays after the prologue, you can clearly see that Deblicki has been beaten up. Her face is very bruised

It seems like Tenet will be a very dark film.....which is good