Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Angus wrote:
January 16th, 2020, 12:19 pm
I haven't kept up in this thread, so I have to ask shamefully... Has anyone wondered if:
The prologue is the beginning of the film but also the ending set piece? It is both the first act opening and the third act finale.
The movie is actually the same story told twice, but it moves forward an hour, hits a convergence point, then moves backwards an hour, giving us a two-hour movie but only a one-hour story.
Or am I insane?
One of the more interesting theories I've read. well done

Looking at theater listings for the Toronto area, it seems Star Wars is done in Imax. It will be interesting to see if the prologue will continue to be shown in front of Bad Boys and 1917. I doubt it, but you never know. Basically don't expect another bootleg to come out.

Although I wonder if we'll get lucky and the Cinesphere will show it. Maybe with all those Nolan films that are being shown in February (a guy can wish)?

I have a question about the prologue regarding
the bombs...

So is the actual SWAT team planting bombs in the "cheap seats". That has me really confused
Last edited by Nomis on January 17th, 2020, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: use spoiler tags

By doing a search for “Tenet prologue” on twitter, some people are reporting that they’ve seen it before IMAX screenings of non Star Wars movies recently, particularly 1917. I don’t know how widespread it is.

Attaching the prologue to bad boys would be a smart move

Coop Cooper wrote:
January 17th, 2020, 2:55 am
I have a question about the prologue regarding the bombs...

So is the actual SWAT team planting bombs in the "cheap seats". That has me really confused
Yes, they are.
JDW says to the Person of Interest in the VIP box that the attack is a cover-up to vanish him, and JDW offers the option of saving him, because, as JDW says to him, he will be killed otherwise. The POI agrees and later we can see the POI change clothes with the Asian agent who is part of JDW's group. It is at this point that JDW explains to the members of his group that the Ukrainian forces want to cover their tracks, i.e. they don't want anyone to find out that the attack was a cover-up. That's why the Ukrainian forces plant the bombs in the auditorium, but JDW decides to, once again, cross the Ukrainians and get rid of the bombs before they explode. And because it seems like they can't defuse them, they simply collect them in a bag and JDW throws it up to the VIP box.

Angus wrote:
January 16th, 2020, 12:19 pm
I haven't kept up in this thread, so I have to ask shamefully... Has anyone wondered if:
The prologue is the beginning of the film but also the ending set piece? It is both the first act opening and the third act finale.
The movie is actually the same story told twice, but it moves forward an hour, hits a convergence point, then moves backwards an hour, giving us a two-hour movie but only a one-hour story.
Or am I insane?
That would sound more like a Wes Anderson-movie. Now I can't imagine it would work and I don't think the prologue's siege has any significance for the whole story, but I can't think so far outside the box as Chris does, so anything is possible. I still think that the only significance of this scene is that Pattinsons's character discovers that JDW is a good hero material or they were watching him already and this is a part of his big test.
Last edited by quervo on January 17th, 2020, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just noticed a comment on FB that the Cinesphere in Toronto will be showing the prologue in front of the various Nolan films next month. Guess my prayers were answered.

Maybe they will post something more official sounding about this later. But colour me surprised.

Lucky

ChristMAX wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 1:20 am
IMAX Melbourne just posted that the prologue will feature in front of 1917!
Are you serious?!?! So lucky, I just watched 1917....twice already, but in Dolby. I wish they would show Tenet on Dolby also...come on Nolan =/