Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I can create an excel sheet of theaters showing it, anyone who's seen it just send me PM.

SINCEPTION wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 8:12 pm
hotsauce32 wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 8:03 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 7:48 pm
Like I mentioned Regal IMAX in Valencia :p Santa Clarita technically is in LA County :D
Good to know! I actually work in Valencia. I live in San Fernando Valley though, so I'm trying to go to Citywalk or Burbank so I can use my AMC A-List membership lol
AMC Burbank has great seats, and it's really wide, but like 39ft tall, the sound and screen quality is crisp af though, and parking is free, just an FYI.
Yeah, seats are better at Burbank, but I'm a fan of Citywalk's 1.43 "real" IMAX screen size. Plus I think I read somewhere that they're actually using the film projector to play the Tenet print

hotsauce32 wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 8:19 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:
hotsauce32 wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 8:03 pm

Good to know! I actually work in Valencia. I live in San Fernando Valley though, so I'm trying to go to Citywalk or Burbank so I can use my AMC A-List membership lol
AMC Burbank has great seats, and it's really wide, but like 39ft tall, the sound and screen quality is crisp af though, and parking is free, just an FYI.
Yeah, seats are better at Burbank, but I'm a fan of Citywalk's 1.43 "real" IMAX screen size. Plus I think I read somewhere that they're actually using the film projector to play the Tenet print
I highly doubt they change projectors only for 6mins but yes I love that IMAX too which I don't why this doesn't have more screens like this. Actually Wayne Knight was in my The Last Jedi screening at Citywalk,so you may also run into a celebrity lol and they exhibit props.

Chinese spent all that money to remodel mainly to add more seats than upgrading the screen. Then it's a pain to drive to Irvine or Ontario.

its weird how at the start of the prologue
there are literally hundreds of SWAT entering the concert hall, then when JDW goes back with the fake POI to defuse the bombs, there is like 1 dude. All the terrorists seem to have disappeared too. The part of the balcony that explodes when they are running to the van, there were 10+ SWAT standing up there when they went in. Did they reverse time to a time before the other SWAT arrived before running out of the building? :eh:

I definitely think this is a shorter/edited version of the scene. Also, they’re blowing up the building. Why would they stay in it when the bombs go off?

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 8:43 pm
I definitely think this is a shorter/edited version of the scene. Also, they’re blowing up the building. Why would they stay in it when the bombs go off?
I'm with you, just like Dunkirk

SINCEPTION wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 8:28 pm
hotsauce32 wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 8:19 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:

I highly doubt they change projectors only for 6mins but yes I love that IMAX too which I don't why this doesn't have more screens like this. Actually Wayne Knight was in my The Last Jedi screening at Citywalk,so you may also run into a celebrity lol and they exhibit props.

Chinese spent all that money to remodel mainly to add more seats than upgrading the screen. Then it's a pain to drive to Irvine or Ontario.
There's precedence for that changing between projectors (trust me, I used to work in that projection booth up until a few years ago, hence my bias to that theater over Burbank :lol:). It's not too much of a hassle; both projectors (the 70mm and the Laser) are set up side by side and the lenses are precisely angled to project centered onto the screen, they don't have to physically move the whole projectors back and forth or anything. The film would be pre-threaded, so it's just a matter of a few button presses to switch between the two projectors.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... on-1264421

By all accounts in this article (they said there was an extended pause between regular trailers and the prologue), they are indeed showing the prologue in film.

The Hollywood Reporter was on hand for the prologue — a six-and-a-half minute sequence, potentially the opening of the film — at the Imax theater of Universal Cinema AMC at CityWalk. Even though The Rise of Skywalker was scheduled to play in Imax 3D, the theater — one of the few still with an Imax 70mm projector — played the prologue in Nolan’s preferred format.
And the reactions gave reason for why Nolan’s projects are so often described as “event” films. After the regular trailers played, the screen went dark for about a minute and some in the audience were audibly confused. But one man loudly said, “You know this is the Tenet prologue, right?” just before it began. As the prologue wrapped, the crowd cheered.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... on-1264421

arturhoo wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 1:02 pm
Went to Cineworld IMAX Leicester Square this morning to hopefully see the prologue but only the teaser from a couple of months ago was shown... super disappointed as I couldn't care less about Star Wars.
Same thing happened to me at my IMAX theater. I was hyped for it to play, rise of Skywalker was sooo faking ass