Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
One thing makes me think the prologue isn't the full version of that scene...
When the shooting starts and we switch to the VIP, there's a man near the door with a gun, and a man sitting next to him with a gun. But when JDW enters he only dispatches the man sitting down. Either that's a terrible oversight, or something got trimmed for time.
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 5:52 am
Can anyone tell me what JDW said?
after he was rescued by reverse time effect and the man said to him, "that wasn't one of us."
I've listened to that so many times, and have no idea.
Arthur Bailey? Something barely? [Guy's name he's talking to] we're bailing? The subtitle for that line, which is unfortunately mostly covered, is pretty long considering it sounds like 2 or 3 words at most.

MMatt wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 6:33 am
When the shooting starts and we switch to the VIP, there's a man near the door with a gun, and a man sitting next to him with a gun. But when JDW enters he only dispatches the man sitting down. Either that's a terrible oversight, or something got trimmed for time.
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
after he was rescued by reverse time effect and the man said to him, "that wasn't one of us."
Arthur Bailey? Something barely? [Guy's name he's talking to] we're bailing? The subtitle for that line, which is unfortunately mostly covered, is pretty long considering it sounds like 2 or 3 words at most.
I dont think
it's a name.

Pardon me, does anybody have a link to the bootleg version of the prologue? There's no prologue before Skywalker in my country...

Does anybody know of a better quality bootleg? Not the one with the guy's sunglasses sticking up at the bottom of the frame?

ChristMAX wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 9:49 am
Does anybody know of a better quality bootleg? Not the one with the guy's sunglasses sticking up at the bottom of the frame?
https://streamable.com/dyd4w

Works.

i cant really make out what JDW says but i think its
"off the building", like hes not really answering the guy in the suit, but telling him to gtfo?

After watching it a billion times, I'm still unsure if that's JDW speaking.
When he's got a gun to his head. The SWAT guy's head is moving as if he's speaking. BUT he is speaking English....

Anyways, I gotta say at the 2:55ish mark, I got so pumped. One of the most epic scenes I've ever seen as soon as JDW starts charging and the music kicks off, oh boy was my heart racing. Also when he runs up the stairs, just incredible cinematography.

MMatt wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 6:33 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
About the "terrible oversight"
I'm positive it's cut because JDW has his gun in both of his hands when he kicks the door down. Then the next cut, the gun is just out of JDW's hands and he punches the guy. Looks like something's missing. I doubt Nolan would missing something like that lol.

Went to Cineworld IMAX Leicester Square this morning to hopefully see the prologue but only the teaser from a couple of months ago was shown... super disappointed as I couldn't care less about Star Wars.
Last edited by arturhoo on December 21st, 2019, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

any prologue better quality link thank's