Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
did any of you fine people leak the prologue yet? I'm very intrigued and could certainly use a link. :wave:

Bacon wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 7:43 pm
This is my best summary of what happens in the prologue:
Terrorists come in, real SWATs come in, fake SWATs (JDW's team) sneak in with real SWATs. Real SWATs knock out citizens with gas, real SWATs start planting bombs. JDW and his team sneak VIP/POI out and JDW says the raid is a stage so they (most likely real SWATs?) can vanish the VIP (kill him). JDW is saving him from the raid. On the way out, he gets found out and he realizes the real SWATs are going to blow up the building. A fake SWAT saves him and JDW starts grabbing all the bombs to save them even though his fellow fake SWATs say it's not part of his mission. JDW is about to be shot by a real SWAT and is saved by a mysterious SWAT, who somehow reverses time to JDW's surprise, that is not one of the fake SWATs in JDW's team. JDW successfully makes it out with VIP and VIP's helper, only to get stopped by someone in the van.
Last edited by Bacon on December 20th, 2019, 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great synopsis my friend, however I would mention:
The weird bullet-reverse time effect.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 8:03 pm
Great synopsis my friend, however I would mention:
The weird bullet-reverse time effect.

-Vader
Mentioned that earlier post.
The mysterious SWAT who's on neither team saves JDW using the reverse time effect. People are misinterpreting the scene as JDW controlling time just like I've seen people misinterpret the film as being RIPD-esque happening in the actual afterlife lmfao.

Bacon wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 8:52 pm
We should really move this discussion to the prologue section.
But what's interesting is that the real SWAT's were so hellbent on putting the bombs there they were going to kill JDW (who was disguised as one of their own) to make sure the bombs detonated. I could see him getting into the van thinking he saved the day only to find out there's more going on that he screwed up by moving the bomb. Hence him getting tortured later and tested to see if he'd rat out his colleagues. JDW and his team could have known they had to get a VIP out but weren't aware that there was a hit on someone there that the government SWATs were doing. The terrorists also don't have to be "working with" anyone. They could be tipped off and be unaware that they're getting set up.
Good points there. I’m done trying to analyze the prologue for now. So much happens so fast. It’s amazing how intense and complex the scene is.

Also, I just realized
in the shot where Branagh is holding Debicki hostage, JDW’s car is going forward while Branagh’s car is going backwards and it looks so TRIPPY!

Anyone can explain..
What the hell is the terrorist looking for in that opera house??

If JDW was the part of the terrorist, so why take so much effort for bring the VIP..
Last edited by Nomis on December 21st, 2019, 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: use spoiler tags!

JohnnyTheKid wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 9:46 pm
Anyone can explain..
They could have been tipped off by an organization that there were high-profile VIP's in there worth ransoming, with the terrorist attack being a facade for the SWATs to come in and raid the house, taking out the VIP.

i for one think the terrorist wanted to break expensive instruments, that shot when the thug steps on the cello made me cringe in physical pain lol

JohnnyTheKid wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 9:39 pm
Anyone can explain..

If JDW was the part of the terrorist, so why take so much effort for bring the VIP..
Fuckin spoiler tags bro!
Last edited by Nomis on December 21st, 2019, 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: If you quote, you can spoiler tag what he should've done... mods take care of the rest

I watched the prologue again and noticed that the mysterious masked guy who saves JDW at the end has a small backpack, possibly carrying the time manipulation device?.. I remember the set photos where JDW carried backpack dressed up as firefighter and he used some device on the roof of the truck during the car chase sequence.