Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I'm going to the Dunkirk screening at the BFI on the 10th (hopefully). I wonder if the prologue (or the first teaser) will be attached to those screenings given it's over a week before SW Episode IX comes out.

IntellectualProperty wrote:
November 28th, 2019, 2:05 am
The Special One wrote:
November 28th, 2019, 1:26 am
gropercity wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 9:02 pm

It's 101% with Star Wars
Exactly
We know it's with Star Wars. I think he just means because Mendes has been vaguely tracing Nolan's steps with his Bond films and seemingly 1917.
I know imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but man, Sam Mendes irritates me a little bit.
Watch 1917 end up winning Best Picture, I'll lose it.

Yeah I get what you mean. I remember seeing that 1917 trailer, it’s just a straight Dunkirk rip-off lol

Complete with a ticking clock soundtrack. :facepalm:

I heard that if you whisper chris nolan’s name three times in quick succession in front of a mirror during a full moon, sam mendes will appear and force you to watch 1917 at gunpoint

I know imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but man, Sam Mendes irritates me a little bit.
Watch 1917 end up winning Best Picture, I'll lose it.
Well, be prepared to lose it, because word on the street is that it's going to get a huge stack of noms and probably will be in the top 2 or 3 for Best Picture.

The issue is: Nolan is victim of his own monumental success. Film Twitter doesn't like him, and neither do the older film critics, and young people view him as conservative.

All these groups though, get suckered in by something like a fake-o long take-o.

Nolan will get recognition and respect when he is gone. It happens with some of the best. The list of filmmakers and films he has influenced just keeps getting longer.

I would think Joker has a better shot than 1917, and I'm prepared to be told I'm nuts.

well then....

I hate these lies about single-take movies. 1917 is not one long take. Why do they think we'll believe that over and over?

If something like that were actually achievable, Mendes wouldn't be the first one to do it. It would've been Kubrick or Hitchcock or Malick or, you know, one of the greats.