Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
It'd be so crazy if they didn't put any of the trailers online. Can you imagine? Haha.

The 40 second teaser definitely generated buzz. People are super curious.

Just got my TROS IMAX tickets at Pointe Orlando. I freaking better see a Tenet prologue on December 20th. But y’all, I’m scared. We’re still stuck with IMAX xneon projectors on an 80 foot screen, which produces lackluster results. There’s a rumor that PO will upgrade to laser in the late quarter of 2020, too late for Tenet. :twisted:
But knowing how cheap Regal is being nowadays, they’ll probably only upgrade to the single laser system that’s still only capable of 1.90:1. :judge:

It's a shame what happened to that theater. I'll likely be in SF for Tenet, if not I'll be traveling down to Ft. Lauderdale.

It would be such a great theatre and a world class experience if IMAX had not let the scumbag theatre management water it down so badly. Theatre management reportedly doesn’t give a damn about the quality of their presentations, it’s criminal.
Regal Mall of Georgia had 1570, they just recently installed laser, but theatre management cheaped out and chose the single laser system because they thought their customers wouldn’t notice or care. It’s basically a modest upgrade from xneon with better contrast, instead of the monumental leap that a dual laser system would be. I’m so scared PO will suffer the same fate.

I guess the truth of the matter is that management probably doesn't think the AR difference is worth it for the odd film a year if not less... 2020 is an anomaly with three full IMAX 70mm films (Bond, Wonder Woman and Tenet).

As as for people not caring - not even that many of those who even follow/report on film do. Nobody gave a shit when First Man didn't get prints and people I've spoken to didn't seem to really notice the difference when the IMAX footage didn't open up the way it should have when projected on Xenon.

Anyway, pessimism aside...the IMAX prologue stuff for this. TROS isn't gonna be getting any 15/70mm prints at all, so will probably be digital only...do now also wonder if Nolan will do it at all still, given it won't be shown on film? (maybe places like the BFI that can switch easily between both projectors can still do it)

antovolk wrote:
October 22nd, 2019, 6:04 am
Anyway, pessimism aside...the IMAX prologue stuff for this. TROS isn't gonna be getting any 15/70mm prints at all, so will probably be digital only...do now also wonder if Nolan will do it at all still, given it won't be shown on film?
No prologue confirmed. Thank God.

^lol

Yeah now I really doubt this will have a prologue.

Star Trek Into Darkness did have a prologue and they showed that on digital screens too, but I doubt Nolan is going that route.

Also it's a bit weird I'm more looking forward to a new trailer for this than Episode IX lol

I mean this is all speculation and given how secretive he is about Tenet he may not want to show that much footage so soon but I don’t think he’d cancel just because TROS won’t get film prints. It could be attached digitally and then attached to 70mm prints of Bond and WW84. Dunkirk had a wide digital rollout, he even sent those moving trucks/cinemas which were showing the prologue digitally and probably not in the IMAX aspect ratio.

If anything, they could attach the trailer with TROS and the prologue (if there’s one) with Bond if the prints are that important.