Teaser Trailer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Sanchez wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 10:39 am
My money is still on magic. Especially with those videos from set with the cars and stuff. Not going into detail cuz thread
What magic? You think Nolan will make some sort of fantasy film? lol ... even Prestige is not fantasy and is based on sci-fi elements.

Yo someone hook daddy ET up with a link please. You miss one day on this fucking website lol

EDIT I got it :shock:

The tagline is just too weird for a Nolan movie without it meaning something significant. Nolan signed off on this; there's no way it's as simple as "Time has come for a new protagonist" in the literal sense.

So I got to thinking: "Protagonist" has another definition not related to heroes and good guys.
pro·tag·o·nist
/prōˈtaɡənəst,prəˈtaɡənəst/

noun

an advocate or champion of a particular cause or idea.

synonyms: supporter, upholder, adherent, backer, proponent, advocate, promoter, champion, exponent, standard-bearer, torch-bearer, prime mover, moving spirit, mainstay, spokesman/spokeswoman/spokesperson

I think a protagonist in this film's universe is a "job title." As in, "What do you do for a living?" / "I'm what they call a protagonist."

This seems to feel related to the definition of "Tenet."
ten·et
/ˈtenət/

noun

a principle or belief, especially one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy.

synonyms: principle, belief, doctrine, precept, creed, credo, article of faith, dogma, canon, rule; theory, component of a theory, thesis, conviction, persuasion, idea, view, opinion, position, hypothesis, postulation, presumption; ideology, code of belief, teaching(s)
I think "protagonist" is a supporter, and "tenet" is a cause.
Meaning that JDW is a supporter of a cause; He's a protagonist of the tenet.

Angus wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:05 am
The tagline is just too weird for a Nolan movie without it meaning something significant. Nolan signed off on this; there's no way it's as simple as "Time has come for a new protagonist" in the literal sense.

So I got to thinking: "Protagonist" has another definition not related to heroes and good guys.
pro·tag·o·nist

noun

synonyms: supporter, upholder, adherent, backer, proponent, advocate, promoter, champion, exponent, standard-bearer, torch-bearer, prime mover, moving spirit, mainstay, spokesman/spokeswoman/spokesperson

I think a protagonist in this film's universe is a "job title." As in, "What do you do for a living?" / "I'm what they call a protagonist."

ten·et
/ˈtenət/

noun

a principle or belief, especially one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy.

synonyms: principle, belief, doctrine, precept, creed, credo, article of faith, dogma, canon, rule; theory, component of a theory, thesis, conviction, persuasion, idea, view, opinion, position, hypothesis, postulation, presumption; ideology, code of belief, teaching(s)
Oh man, I think you nailed that!
Last edited by Nomis on August 2nd, 2019, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 10:45 am
Yo someone hook daddy ET up with a link please. You miss one day on this fucking website lol

EDIT I got it :shock:
Link please? Anyone?

Can't wait to the first details of the movie to come, to hear Nolan's intentions on that one, because we all know that the Man is playing/messing with us again and the project will be nothing we've imagined so far.

Angus wrote:

pro·tag·o·nist

noun

ten·et
/ˈtenət/

noun

You may be right.

Have you read "The End of Eternity" written by Isaac Asimov?
Maybe JDW is a kind of "editor" of reality outside of time. He implements "tenet".
He steps in, and make small changes that have great impact in the future.

Being this a Nolan film, the ending is...
He is the one that is being changed by his own changes.

ANONIMNIQ wrote:
Sanchez wrote:
My money is still on magic. Especially with those videos from set with the cars and stuff. Not going into detail cuz thread
What magic? You think Nolan will make some sort of fantasy film? lol ... even Prestige is not fantasy and is based on sci-fi elements.
I'd say that making a machine that can clone anything a million times is not really based on science.

Also I didn't say it's gonna be a fantasty movie, just like Interestellar isn't a fantasy, but a sci-fi with large fantasy elements. Same goes for Inception, just with even more fantasy.

sebal24 wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:21 am
Angus wrote:

pro·tag·o·nist

noun

ten·et
/ˈtenət/

noun

You may be right.

Have you read "The End of Eternity" written by Isaac Asimov?
Maybe JDW is a kind of "editor" of reality outside of time. He implements "tenet".
He steps in, and make small changes that have great impact in the future.

Being this a Nolan film, the ending is...
He is the one that it's being changed by his own changes.
Yep.

I also think this is absolutely related to Inception.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hstBN0Qkqhc

Your mind is the scene of the crime.
JDW appears to be at the scene of a crime.

Time has come.
The importance of Time in Inception.

A new protagonist.
A new main "hero" now that Cobb is retired.

A new mission.
A new mission now that the mission of Inception is over.

Sanchez wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:24 am
ANONIMNIQ wrote:
Sanchez wrote:
I'd say that making a machine that can clone anything a million times is not really based on science.

Also I didn't say it's gonna be a fantasty movie, just like Interestellar isn't a fantasy, but a sci-fi with large fantasy elements. Same goes for Inception, just with even more fantasy.
It's called science FICTION for a reason, lol