Teaser Trailer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
antovolk wrote:
August 27th, 2019, 2:49 am
stanley wrote:
August 27th, 2019, 1:03 am
At this point I have no idea why they haven't released the teaser. I was sure they'd put it out eventually but I have no idea now. From a marketing standpoint it makes no sense to me. Every teaser prior was released online, and making it theater exclusive limits exposure. I find it more believable that something made them change their minds about releasing it online then them never planning to release it.
Aside from Nolan's theatre-first thing, it is the sort of teaser - as correctly noted here https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmende ... rk-knight/ - plays much better on the big screen and would just end up with a 'that's it' reaction online.

Sure, Dunkirk's similarly 'nothingburger' teaser dropped online three years ago but that's just an indicator of how much times and expectations have changed. If, say, WB didn't announce the release date (or title) for the film until this teaser then there may be merit to dropping it online. (look at the brief and flashy release date and title announcement teases for The Crown and Bond) But seems like what's happening here, is Nolan wanted WB to do one of his usual teasers except potentially show even less, WB were concerned about such a teaser not really working online, and Nolan's like fine, let's have it only in cinemas.
That article you're referring to is full of shit. It's nonsensical not to release the teaser online when there are bootlegs out there being passed around. It's not like no one is seeing it from their computers because they're not officially releasing it. Also, both TDK and TDKR teasers went online - completely counter to what that moron in that article says.

“”I've studied the film industry, both academically and informally, and with an emphasis in box office analysis, for nearly 30 years. I have extensively written about all of said subjects for the last 11 years. My outlets for film criticism, box office commentary, and film-skewing scholarship have included The Huffington Post, Salon, and Film Threat. ””

gropercity wrote:
August 27th, 2019, 3:09 am
It's nonsensical not to release the teaser online when there are bootlegs out there being passed around. It's not like no one is seeing it from their computers because they're not officially releasing it.
100% THIS. Also, it has already had its theatrical run.

WB won't say no. That's how teasers are meant to be. I think Nolan is punishing you for making fun of the teaser of his last film (in general, and the smiling soldier in particular.)

tenet's teaser is hidden online there's a way to unlock it but til now nothing

kamelgunner wrote:
August 27th, 2019, 5:06 pm
tenet's teaser is hidden online there's a way to unlock it but til now nothing
Fact or wishful supposition? Cool idea either way.

It's funny seeing some people getting so worked up about the teaser not being released online. I'm nearly as much of a trailer fiend as the next person (for films I am/was hyped about I've got the movie-list DCP downconverts/digitaltheater versions/ProRes downconverts [my own and others]/apple or yahoo's .movs from when they were the better of the two/blu ray m2ts etc etc) but somehow for Tenet I'm satisfied that I've seen it/got it in one viewable form and will wait for the next trailer as and when it's released. If Nolan wants it theatrical only, so be it.

I suppose time will tell who's 'right' and 'wrong' on this one - there's bound to be an informed marketing post-mortem at some point. Does Nolan have that much pull at the studio to decide what does and doesn't go for his film? Did WB lap up his idea for the release pattern of this teaser or semi-grudgingly accept it? Is it a content-specific decision because it shows very little with zero context or was it always going to be a theatrical exclusive? Is it a one-off or will it all be theatrical only (inconceivable I would say)?

kamelgunner wrote:
August 27th, 2019, 5:06 pm
tenet's teaser is hidden online
No. I can see all the files on any website.

Ace

oh fukk that looks pretty official

sweet that I got to see it

I wonder if it's meant to come online so...

Oh I guess it's coming online after all... FINALLY ONLINE!