Teaser Trailer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
No teaser before H&S and Tarantino’s film in IMAX for me. Bastards started the previous earlier than expected on both screenings so I hope I didn’t miss it twice. They played Joker and Ad Astra trailers which were a treat.

Here's an idea. Mass email WB and ask them when they're putting the Tenet teaser online! :gonf:

Let's do what every other spoiled fanbase does and start a boycott on twitter. We won't watch any Warner movies or TV programs until they release the trailer online.
We'll make those Marvel fans upset about Sony and Spiderman look sane.

radewart wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 3:43 am
Let's do what every other spoiled fanbase does and start a boycott on twitter. We won't watch any Warner movies or TV programs until they release the trailer online.
We'll make those Marvel fans upset about Sony and Spiderman look sane.
:clap:

My theory why they don't release it online:

I always remember the Hans Zimmer quote "With Chris the first thing is always the last thing/main thing" He was referring to the little piece he wrote for Interstellar which became the main theme for the film and of course the credits track.

When we look at the past teasers of his non-batman work (where we know that he and his team produce them without an involvement of a trailer-making company) the first shot always has the most important "thing" in focus. But without seeing the film this "thing" wouldn't be described important when you just see the teaser.

The spinning top in Inception
The corn in Interstellar
The Beach in Dunkirk

So JDW obviously walking backwards (playback backwards) and the backwards stuff in general is 99% a very central and important aspect of the film.
When you watch the teaser once you wouldn't notice it. But when you watch it 100 times on youtube you notice it and everyone is posting it in the comments for everyone to see.

So maybe Nolan doesn't want this backwards stuff to be talked about because it would be a bit spoilery or maybe even ruin the experience.

Mr. Alley wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 5:06 pm
My theory why they don't release it online:

I always remember the Hans Zimmer quote "With Chris the first thing is always the last thing/main thing" He was referring to the little piece he wrote for Interstellar which became the main theme for the film and of course the credits track.

When we look at the past teasers of his non-batman work (where we know that he and his team produce them without an involvement of a trailer-making company) the first shot always has the most important "thing" in focus. But without seeing the film this "thing" wouldn't be described important when you just see the teaser.

The spinning top in Inception
The corn in Interstellar
The Beach in Dunkirk

So JDW obviously walking backwards (playback backwards) and the backwards stuff in general is 99% a very central and important aspect of the film.
When you watch the teaser once you wouldn't notice it. But when you watch it 100 times on youtube you notice it and everyone is posting it in the comments for everyone to see.

So maybe Nolan doesn't want this backwards stuff to be talked about because it would be a bit spoilery or maybe even ruin the experience.
Exactly what I was thinking. It could be Nolan doesn't want people analyzing that backwards stuff to the point of the illusion being ruined. Definitely a valid point. But how do they avoid this with the rest of the marketing?

Maybe the whole backwards stuff is a 3rd act thing like the collapsing dreams in Inception or the tesseract in Interstellar.
Nolan never puts any 3rd act material in the trailers unless it's so out of context that nobody can connect the dots.
And I'm pretty sure that a film with this budget and scale doesn't need to put 10 shots of cars going backwards in the trailer unless it's a more "generic" plotpoint.

The online hype cooling down is exactly how they wanted it. They would've actually preferred if there was no noise at all since they want people to be taken by surprise when they come across the teaser.

The teaser may still make its way online since it is still playing in theatres.

Trailer #1 will hit the web before Christmas provided they are planning a prologue for the movie.

PS : Please write mark as
Close
any info that can spoil the movie for those of us who are not spoiling ourselves with spoils of production location. Thank you. :P

Mr. Alley wrote:
August 22nd, 2019, 6:54 am
Maybe the whole backwards stuff is a 3rd act thing like the collapsing dreams in Inception or the tesseract in Interstellar.
Nolan never puts any 3rd act material in the trailers unless it's so out of context that nobody can connect the dots.
And I'm pretty sure that a film with this budget and scale doesn't need to put 10 shots of cars going backwards in the trailer unless it's a more "generic" plotpoint.
No way it's third act. It's the entire movie in the same way dream invading was for inception. Part of the reason why I wonder how this will be marketed. If inception was dream invasion, this will be about time manipulation. If he's keeping it secret for now, he can't for much longer as december is right around the corner and more marketing is inevitable.