Teaser Trailer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
You missed all the fun, Nomis.

lol I know but I did had a fun night lol

anyway

digging the teaser

JDW looks great, I just cant wait to find out what on earth the plot of the film is. Really digging how the title turned counter clockwise

Forum Pro
Nolan62 wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 9:16 am
Just saw it. I'm HUGELY excited.

And Hoytema's photography :o I'm always stunned.

And yeah, it's at 100% a completely new original movie/story.
It definitely seems like his own vision of the great adventure/action espionnage epic.
(Bond/M.I, the teaser gave me that feeling at some shots)
(these tagline seems to point out that-"new kind of mission")
And very curious to see what conception of Time he will bring this time.

It's obviously a teaser so we still know nothing at this point but this project sounds already very special and singular.

Nolan's magic is well and truly here.

:gonf: :gonf: :gonf:
Seeing the pictures of JDW in the firefighter suit gave me serious Mission Impossible vibes.

After watching it several times frame by frame, I can't really see anything that shows this stuff as a sci-fi. And I watched it backwards, I don't think it makes sense that way. The smoke in front of the glass can be sleeping gas and it can leak through the holes. The interesting stuff is when John touches the last hole, he keeps his eyes closed for several seconds, you can see it, when he opens them, as light is reflecting on his eyeballs.

In the dark scene there is somebody next to him, maybe we'll be able to identify him when offical trailer comes out. Same with the front SWAT member, we can see his face behind the mask. I'm pretty sure, that is Pattinson at the end, you can see him stepping out.

I can't really find any explanation to the "new protaginst" and "new kind of mission" texts than it is being set in the Inceptionverse. Nolan himself told years ago that he really wants to expand the universe, back then he wanted to produce a video game. Maybe he decided to put his new ideas into a new movie. The only problem is that I don't think Miles is a big part of these stories, we needed him to teach and help Cobb, but that story is finished, so I can't see why Michael Caine would be necessary for this stuff.

Forum Pro
Picasso wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 9:10 am
I'm with the idea that JDW doesn't seem to be in control. Plus we see him being grabbed, tied up or harassed. It's not the most usual way to show a protagonist. It feels like a tool that rebels.
I’m all for this and the political/social commentary that’ll bring.

Nolan62 wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 9:24 am
But again, I doubt it will involve sci-fi/fantasy elements.

I think it will be a conceptual using of the idea of Time, and it'll involve it narratively and technically.
But something experimental, like Memento or Dunkirk.

So Nolan is coming with a new high concept action thriller. And the comparison with Inception come to an end at this point.
After what he did with Interstellar and The Prestige I just can't see this being a conventional crime/epsionage film without any form of sci-fi or fantasy.

Sanchez wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 10:11 am
Nolan62 wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 9:24 am
But again, I doubt it will involve sci-fi/fantasy elements.

I think it will be a conceptual using of the idea of Time, and it'll involve it narratively and technically.
But something experimental, like Memento or Dunkirk.

So Nolan is coming with a new high concept action thriller. And the comparison with Inception come to an end at this point.
After what he did with Interstellar and The Prestige I just can't see this being a conventional crime/epsionage film without any form of sci-fi or fantasy.
Not with a conventional touch, but something real, rooted in our reality, with his style.
Directors, especially him always wants to explore things they haven't done before.

My money is still on magic. Especially with those videos from set with the cars and stuff. Not going into detail cuz thread

Just a thought of mine about the teaser:
I feel like that first scene shown in the teaser may have actually been filmed backwards and then they played it in reverse. Can’t tell how the smoke is moving but look at how JDW moves in the first shot. It looks so odd.
There’s so much being posted that I’m not sure if someone already mentioned it.