Teaser Trailer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Law wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 11:49 am
Can we stop using the recent shootings as an excuse to why this trailer isn't online
Why would we do that? It's certainly a valid reason, and if you don't think so you're not paying attention to the news right now. It's still getting A-B coverage to lead all newscasts.
AhmadAli95 wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 12:00 pm
Honestly, it would be stupid of them to release it after the hype has cooled down. And the hype has indeed cooled down.
Nope, it's kinda smart. Because they'll get a whole additional slew of media attention when it finally goes online.

blackColumn wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 12:59 pm
"Nolan doesn't care about your feelings."

Some people say they liked the prologue for Dunkirk better than the movie itself. I see them online trying to find a high quality video of the prologue because the liked its editing better.

Now one can understand why people here want that teaser online whether or not they have access to a cinema screening of the same.

I am all for theatrical exhibition having certain previleges but Nolan seems to be a bit lost here. Unlike Interstellar, Dunkirk was released the same day in film and digital cinemas.

I mean, GOOD LUCK with digital cinema. Consumer televisions offer far better picture quality. There are 8K HDR TVs with upscaling so there is no point in going to cinema as far as the QUALITY is concerned. And of course, Tenet is expected to be showcased in all time low number of 70mm IMAX theatres.

So what is the point? What is he up to? It's leaving a really bad taste in our mouth that's all.
What does the Dunkirk prologue have to do with this?
No offense, but a lot of y’all sound entitled with this :40 teaser

I wouldn't say I have a bad taste in my mouth, I'm just confused. The whole point of a teaser trailer is to generate awareness and buzz for a movie, and this is failing at that. Pretty much the only people talking about the trailer (and the movie) are those who knew it was coming and sought it out. The whole strategy, if there is one, feels very hacked together.

There are people I wish I could show the trailer to, but I don't want their first experience to be the bootleg, but all I can tell them is, "Well, it might play before Once Upon a Time in Hollywood or Hobbes and Shaw, but I can't promise anything."

Some might say that we're talking about it so the marketing is working, but we're the people who were already most aware of the movie.

As for it being delayed because of the shootings, I call BS. It makes sense to cancel the Punisher announcement panel because of a shooting, but even they released their trailer online. It doesn't make sense to run a trailer in theaters but not put it online because of some bullet holes and a shot of a guy in SWAT gear holding a gun.

mrongey wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 1:21 pm
I wouldn't say I have a bad taste in my mouth, I'm just confused. The whole point of a teaser trailer is to generate awareness and buzz for a movie, and this is failing at that. Pretty much the only people talking about the trailer (and the movie) are those who knew it was coming and sought it out. The whole strategy, if there is one, feels very hacked together.

There are people I wish I could show the trailer to, but I don't want their first experience to be the bootleg, but all I can tell them is, "Well, it might play before Once Upon a Time in Hollywood or Hobbes and Shaw, but I can't promise anything."

Some might say that we're talking about it so the marketing is working, but we're the people who were already most aware of the movie.

As for it being delayed because of the shootings, I call BS. It makes sense to cancel the Punisher announcement panel because of a shooting, but even they released their trailer online. It doesn't make sense to run a trailer in theaters but not put it online because of some bullet holes and a shot of a guy in SWAT gear holding a gun.
^^^this.

Oku
None of the following films have trailers out:
- Godzilla vs. Kong, and A Quiet Place 2, coming out four months before Tenet
- Black Widow, Fast & Furious 9, coming out two months before Tenet
- Wonder Woman 1984 and Soul, coming out a month before Tenet

If it bothers y'all that much that Tenet's teaser is not available online, you can easily pretend that it doesn't exist at all, just like with Godzilla vs. Kong, A Quiet Place 2, etc.

WB/Mr. Nolan probably made an exception for Tenet because it is an original film and so needs the early start to gain general audience awareness, an objective that doesn't necessarily require an online release which explains the theatrical-only strategy.

Edit: removed Onward
Last edited by Oku on August 14th, 2019, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oku wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 1:45 pm
None of the following films have trailers out:
- Onward, Godzilla vs. Kong, and A Quiet Place 2, coming out four months before Tenet
- Black Widow, Fast & Furious 9, coming out two months before Tenet
- Wonder Woman 1984 and Soul, coming out a month before Tenet

If it bothers y'all that much that Tenet's teaser is not available online, you can easily pretend that it doesn't exist at all, just like with Onward, Godzilla vs. Kong, etc.

WB/Mr. Nolan probably made an exception for Tenet because it is an original film and so needs the early start to gain general audience awareness, an objective that doesn't necessarily require an online release which explains the theatrical-only strategy.
Onward trailer is out. Been out since like June

This is madness

senseandsarcasm wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 1:03 pm
Nope, it's kinda smart. Because they'll get a whole additional slew of media attention when it finally goes online.
They will get that attention when the full trailer comes out (if such a plan exists). They will get attention whenever a new piece of information comes out.

Lots and lots of outlets we’re talking about the teaser and the anticipation was building. I don’t understand anyone who would deny the benefit of releasing the teaser at that time. Of course this is all planned and they obviously have a strategy.

The point is, releasing a teaser one year ahead in theaters and online was is what is expected with a Nolan film but this changed things.

Lol @ people saying that this trailer won’t ever be released.

Are people that bored that they get upset at an announcement teaser release delay...despite the fact that those same people have all seen it already.

Even funnier are those who feel this is somehow detrimental to the hype? The idiocy on display :facepalm: