Teaser Trailer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
anyone able to hook me up with the bootleg? thx!

Strochakovic wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 2:32 pm
Why do people speak of a "missed opportunity"? It's almost a year until the movie hits the screens. Give me a break.
Because the trailer's been in theaters for almost two weeks, but even that's hit or miss. All the industry sites were writing about the surprise drop, but all that momentum and word of mouth is gone by now. Ultimately, it probably won't have any effect, but it's perplexing.

Strochakovic wrote:
Why do people speak of a "missed opportunity"? It's almost a year until the movie hits the screens. Give me a break.
certain take it upon themselves to question and second guess every decision Nolan and company make because they obviously know better, and besides Nolan hasn’t given any indication that he knows what he’s doing 🙄

They'll probably release it sometime this month or so. I think they were afraid the shootings in the US would make it seem cold. I mean, WB got the website for the movie up and running.

Just got back from a showing of Apocalypse Now Final Cut 4K 40th anniversary in IMAX in the UK (Manchester) and guess what.......Tenet teaser was shown!
Not sure if this was already known or new info, but really excited :D

Strochakovic wrote:
Because what’s the point of releasing a teaser for a movie that’s one year out and making it exclusively in theatres. The point is to get people talking, and spread the word that a new Nolan movie is coming. Other than a few outlets, this teaser hasn’t really done anything. It’s release might seem neat for a day or two, but then it becomes insignificant if you don’t build on it and ultimately use that word of mouth in the cinema to the rest of the world.

I get it you want to “protect” the theatrical experience, but guess what, if you want to preserve it, you actually have to market the films properly. And in this day and age, an exclusive 40 second teaser in the cinema won’t exactly do that. A trailer’s sole purpose is to get people talking and excited. What’s the point of releasing a teaser exclusively in theatres this way. It does nothing... A month from now, when the teaser eventually finds its way online, no one will be talking about the exclusive cinema run of the Tenet teaser. No one cares...

You might as well not even release anything until December, when the full trailer is out.

misho92 wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 6:56 pm
Strochakovic wrote:
Because what’s the point of releasing a teaser for a movie that’s one year out and making it exclusively in theatres. The point is to get people talking, and spread the word that a new Nolan movie is coming. Other than a few outlets, this teaser hasn’t really done anything. It’s release might seem neat for a day or two, but then it becomes insignificant if you don’t build on it and ultimately use that word of mouth in the cinema to the rest of the world.

I get it you want to “protect” the theatrical experience, but guess what, if you want to preserve it, you actually have to market the films properly. And in this day and age, an exclusive 40 second teaser in the cinema won’t exactly do that. A trailer’s sole purpose is to get people talking and excited. What’s the point of releasing a teaser exclusively in theatres this way. It does nothing... A month from now, when the teaser eventually finds its way online, no one will be talking about the exclusive cinema run of the Tenet teaser. No one cares...

You might as well not even release anything until December, when the full trailer is out.
Indeed. Very well said. If it was only some exclusivity to certain theaters and some private footage shown only to specific audience then it would've made sense for nothing to drop online. But this way it's just plain stupid. It's being distributed to theaters everywhere and no damn clue as to when it will hit online, not even a hint. I was looking at the site, but nothing happens so far. Still hoping it will release somewhere this week, but if it doesn't then it's gonna be September for sure, but it would be disappointing to wait that long.

The teaser will make it's way online, there's no way it won't.

Also, I think the clock slowed a tad more. Leadup to the teaser, maybe a poster is my assumption. Similiar to what they did with Dunkirk.