Teaser Trailer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
No teaser before Tarantino's movie in IMAX I just saw. I give up. It'll come when it'll come. I just wanted to hear that music in IMAX. Oh well.

Nomis wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 5:45 pm
so far it does sound like a theatre exclusive

but that site tho
Why would it have specific dates like from August 7th to August 20th if something wasn't about to change on the 20th? It's not like it's an international-only thing or that specific worldwide theater chain. It might be my optimism talking, but it might drop online on the 20th and this is the only chain actually advertising that you can get a sneak peek there until then. *shrugs*

What do you think anton?

Bacon wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 6:11 pm
Nomis wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 5:45 pm
so far it does sound like a theatre exclusive

but that site tho
Why would it have specific dates like from August 7th to August 20th if something wasn't about to change on the 20th? It's not like it's an international-only thing or that specific worldwide theater chain. It might be my optimism talking, but it might drop online on the 20th and this is the only chain actually advertising that you can get a sneak peek there until then. *shrugs*

What do you think anton?
That chain is in France, and what this more likely means that other French cinemas that aren't CGR (such as Gaumont Pathe and UGC) will also be able to show the teaser. Nothing to do with online release plans, just specific theatrical plans for France (where WB evidently made a deal with that specific CGR chain)

antovolk wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 6:32 pm
That chain is in France, and what this more likely means that other French cinemas that aren't CGR (such as Gaumont Pathe and UGC) will also be able to show the teaser. Nothing to do with online release plans, just specific theatrical plans for France (where WB evidently made a deal with that specific CGR chain)
Why would they do that though? Wouldn't it make sense to do it in the same way the theatrical trailer for Interstellar was first shown in an exclusive IMAX theater before release? This is the only advertisement we've seen that focuses on theatrical exclusivity with a date when that stops. Wouldn't it make sense to allow every theater (IMAX or not, CGR or not) to get the trailer once it hits the web?

Ask WB France lol. Seems like a specific deal with them...

The Interstellar thing is different, it played at a specific museum (Smithsonian in DC) as a special pre launch thing. Different from a cinema chain.

Now if all of this was happening in the US, like say AMC having it exclusively until the 20th then maybe there’s more to read into. But since this is coming from France, far less likely to be indicative of an online release.

Ho. Ly. FUCK. I’m watching Hobbs and Shaw in a regular AMC and they played the trailer......y’all. We are not worthy of this. Oh and by the way
the whole shot of JDW is indeed in reverse. So yeah.
:shock:

you lucky

Hope they attach the trailer to Blinded by the Light. Going to see that this weekend

Oku

shadoW wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 5:58 pm
No teaser before Tarantino's movie in IMAX I just saw. I give up. It'll come when it'll come. I just wanted to hear that music in IMAX. Oh well.