Teaser Trailer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Oku
We're like a month into shooting, have seen countless set photos, and we still know practically nothing about the movie.

So we cannot use the past teasers as a guide here; we're in uncharted territory.

lolsgame wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 9:10 am
If you look at the inception teaser trailer it's like 3 locations and half the time spent on graphics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5VDKVqvo8M

Even the dunkirk "Announcement" is literally 6 shots in the same location.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM9BWtppzko
Exactly... We don’t really know what shots Nolan and co. got so far. The teaser could literally have shots of Pattinson and Washington in an interior action set piece, and the trailer ends with one exterior shot from Estonia.

Locations and sets
Principal photography began in Tokyo on June 19, 2009, with the scene where Saito first hires Cobb during a helicopter flight over the city.[5][36]

They literally started filming in june and whipped out a teaser at the beginning of august.

I would bet we will get a teaser with I.T chapter 2.

The Special One wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 3:33 am
radewart wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 3:08 am
I don't think they have been filming long enough for even a short "Dunkirk" like teaser to be on Hobbs and Shaw.
agree
They have plenty for a teaser. Dark Knight teaser didn't even have any footage. Dark Knight Rises had basically 2 shots. Inception only had like 3 shots as well. Teasers are teasers and they're put out pretty fast in Nolan's history. Always a year before release. August would be less than a year. He's also has a history of placing his teasers with big action movies a year ahead. So Hobbs and Shaw is totally conceivable.

true true

however I think we can expect more than two shots though lol it's not worldwide known like Batman

gropercity wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 2:21 am
They have plenty for a teaser. Dark Knight teaser didn't even have any footage. Dark Knight Rises had basically 2 shots. Inception only had like 3 shots as well. Teasers are teasers and they're put out pretty fast in Nolan's history. Always a year before release. August would be less than a year. He's also has a history of placing his teasers with big action movies a year ahead. So Hobbs and Shaw is totally conceivable.
Yeah, but those were terrible.

I realize this is a hot take but Nolan's year-before announcement teasers are never that great. The Dunkirk one was effective but it also had that smirking extra and that tainted it.

What are you talking about.... Inception teaser is superb.

Yes, that is easily the best one.

had they only been shooting for some two months back then as well?

Nomis wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 5:45 am
had they only been shooting for some two months back then as well?
Yes, they starts shooting in June and released the teaser in the end of August.