They flipped more than one letter you guys!! It’s T E N Ǝ ꓕ now

An original action espionage film releasing in IMAX on July 17, 2020.

you losers can stop voting now it’s done

You just know they will...
21
44%
I think they won't actually!
27
56%
 
Total votes: 48

Nolan has done 10 feature films now and it’ll be 10 years after release of Inception!

SINCEPTION wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 3:00 pm
Nolan has done 10 feature films now and it’ll be 10 years after release of Inception!
I feel more certain that number 10 has to do with the plot after watching the teaser.

Posts: 156
Joined: August 2011
SINCEPTION wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 1:50 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 3:00 pm
Nolan has done 10 feature films now and it’ll be 10 years after release of Inception!
I feel more certain that number 10 has to do with the plot after watching the teaser.
You could be onto something here! A very interesting thought. Could the number ten hold a deeper significance for the film related to belief, or principle or a cause?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10

- "(In ancient Rome, the killing of one in ten soldiers in a cohort was the punishment for cowardice or mutiny; or, one-tenth of the able-bodied men in a village as a form of retribution, thus causing a labor shortage and threat of starvation in agrarian societies.)"
- "People traditionally tithed one-tenth of their produce. The practice of tithing is still common in Christian churches today, though it is disputed in some circles as to whether or not it is required of Christians."
- "Jews observe the annual Ten Days of Repentance beginning on Rosh Hashanah and ending on Yom Kippur."
- "In Judaism, ten men are the required quorum, called a minyan, for prayer services."
- "In Pythagoreanism, the number 10 played an important role and was symbolized by the tetractys."
- "In Hinduism, Lord Vishnu appeared on the earth in 10 incarnations,popularly known as Dashaavathar."
- "In Sikhism, there are ten human Gurus."
- "Ten-codes are commonly used on emergency service radio systems."
- "In Chinese astrology, the 10 Heavenly Stems, refer to a cyclic number system that is used also for time reckoning."

The main definition of tithe:
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/tithe

"noun

"Sometimes tithes. the tenth part of agricultural produce or personal income set apart as an offering to God or for works of mercy, or the same amount regarded as an obligation or tax for the support of the church, priesthood, or the like."

Then there's this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10:01

"...10:01 is composed of multiple micro-narratives written in various styles and genres (surreal, speculative, comic, lyrical, stream-of-consciousness, etc.), each from the point of view of one of the roughly 50 characters..."

Also this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1001_%28number%29

- "In the Mawlawiyyah order of Sufi Islam, a novice must complete 1001 days of prayer before becoming a dada, or junior teacher of the faith. "

This seems like you're really onto something here :gonf: .

Posts: 111
Joined: July 2019
sebal24 wrote:
July 26th, 2019, 3:26 pm
Nonjuror wrote:
July 26th, 2019, 11:29 am
AhmadAli95 wrote:
July 25th, 2019, 4:50 pm
The title is a palindrome. Official logo rotates two letters. Working title is Mary Go Round.
Cars driving in reverse.
NOLAN, WHAT IS THIS FILM?
I'm trying to picture mentally if this version of the film title could be written in a circle, so as to resemble a merry-go-round, and still retain symmetry.
My take on this.

Whatever goes forward in the beginning of the film, will go backwards at the end, and whatever goes backwards in the beginning of the film, will go forward at the end.

And as Cobb said, "that allows us to get right in the middle of that process".

Image

Another idea...

Out protagonists will have to do something and the time for them will go forward (as usual :twisted: ) but the rest will go backwards.

At some given moment (the "N" title moment), when the mission is accomplished (or it's too late to be acccomplished) time will flip and they will go backwards but different (like the E and T are flipped) everyone else will go forward (as usual :twisted: )
Didn't Memento do something similar? One timeline going forward, other going backward and meeting in middle. I feel like maybe this is Nolan's big budget version of Memento.

Imaginatio wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 12:47 am
SINCEPTION wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 1:50 pm
SINCEPTION wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 3:00 pm
Nolan has done 10 feature films now and it’ll be 10 years after release of Inception!
I feel more certain that number 10 has to do with the plot after watching the teaser.
You could be onto something here! A very interesting thought. Could the number ten hold a deeper significance for the film related to belief, or principle or a cause?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10

- "(In ancient Rome, the killing of one in ten soldiers in a cohort was the punishment for cowardice or mutiny; or, one-tenth of the able-bodied men in a village as a form of retribution, thus causing a labor shortage and threat of starvation in agrarian societies.)"
- "People traditionally tithed one-tenth of their produce. The practice of tithing is still common in Christian churches today, though it is disputed in some circles as to whether or not it is required of Christians."
- "Jews observe the annual Ten Days of Repentance beginning on Rosh Hashanah and ending on Yom Kippur."
- "In Judaism, ten men are the required quorum, called a minyan, for prayer services."
- "In Pythagoreanism, the number 10 played an important role and was symbolized by the tetractys."
- "In Hinduism, Lord Vishnu appeared on the earth in 10 incarnations,popularly known as Dashaavathar."
- "In Sikhism, there are ten human Gurus."
- "Ten-codes are commonly used on emergency service radio systems."
- "In Chinese astrology, the 10 Heavenly Stems, refer to a cyclic number system that is used also for time reckoning."

The main definition of tithe:
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/tithe

"noun

"Sometimes tithes. the tenth part of agricultural produce or personal income set apart as an offering to God or for works of mercy, or the same amount regarded as an obligation or tax for the support of the church, priesthood, or the like."

Then there's this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10:01

"...10:01 is composed of multiple micro-narratives written in various styles and genres (surreal, speculative, comic, lyrical, stream-of-consciousness, etc.), each from the point of view of one of the roughly 50 characters..."

Also this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1001_%28number%29

- "In the Mawlawiyyah order of Sufi Islam, a novice must complete 1001 days of prayer before becoming a dada, or junior teacher of the faith. "

This seems like you're really onto something here :gonf: .
Oh man I didn’t know there’s a novel called 10:01, it seems like a interesting one. I’m getting super excited.

The logo rotates like watch hands and changes black to white when it reaches to 10! so 10 PM and 10 AM?

Image

Also in Inception they needed 10hrs uninterrupted to complete the mission.

Posts: 1121
Joined: September 2014
SINCEPTION wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 6:55 pm
The logo rotates like watch hands and changes black to white when it reaches to 10! so 10 PM and 10 AM?

Image

Also in Inception they needed 10hrs uninterrupted to complete the mission.
Que this theme:

Posts: 156
Joined: August 2011
SINCEPTION wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 6:55 pm
The logo rotates like watch hands and changes black to white when it reaches to 10! so 10 PM and 10 AM?

Image
Yet more evidence, this cannot be a coincidence. The only thing left to know is exactly what significance will the number 10 have in the film.

Posts: 3335
Joined: June 2010
Fascinating stuff, maybe the trailer will officially drop at 10am PST Monday

Post Reply