Kenneth Branagh Joins the Cast of Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Was expecting a Rylance reteam before Branagh tbh. I’m all for it though.

Branagh added the "Home" line. Hopefully this time Branagh gets a better role that isn't designed entirely to dump exposition. People like to criticize Inception for its exposition but Dunkirk's is far less natural and more on-the-nose to me.

Branagh is money

Oh yes to these two. This is excellent.

Ace wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 1:33 pm
Kenneth Branagh and, of course, Michael Caine have joined the cast of ‘Tenet’.

Branagh is a four-time Oscar-nominated actor and filmmaker. Branagh also joined Nolan on his last film, “Dunkirk.”

Michael Caine is a mainstay among Nolan films, so his announcement was just a matter of formality at this point.

Caine is Nolan's good luck charm.

Glad that Caine joined this. But I am hoping for slightly bigger role than in Dunkirk.

I really wanted Rylance to come back :cry:
I hope Caine has a bigger part than in Inception, something like Interstellar or TDKR: not necessarily more than 4, 5 scenes, but scenes in which he really gets to shine.

Bacon wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 5:36 pm
Branagh actually indirectly convinced Nolan to change his script in Dunkirk, and Nolan repeatedly emphasized how inspired he was by Branagh during the film's press run. Very excited to see Branagh joining the ranks of Nolan regulars.

Now only if we got Cillian Murphy (not a unique choice, I know, but the guy gives a standout performance in practically every Nolan film he's in that isn't a cameo).
Please Cillian

This is indeed good news

cclem wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 10:38 am
Bacon wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 5:36 pm
Branagh actually indirectly convinced Nolan to change his script in Dunkirk, and Nolan repeatedly emphasized how inspired he was by Branagh during the film's press run. Very excited to see Branagh joining the ranks of Nolan regulars.

Now only if we got Cillian Murphy (not a unique choice, I know, but the guy gives a standout performance in practically every Nolan film he's in that isn't a cameo).
Please Cillian
p l e a s e