Clémence Poésy joins the cast of Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I hope that the fact that this is going to be shot in so many different countries and considering Nolan has cast actors of Polish, French and Indian backgrounds that we might get to hear some of those languages. I honestly don't remember if Inception had some languages in it other than English...

Nomis wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 5:16 pm
I hope that the fact that this is going to be shot in so many different countries and considering Nolan has cast actors of Polish, French and Indian backgrounds that we might get to hear some of those languages. I honestly don't remember if Inception had some languages in it other than English...
Leo tried some broken Swahili I think.

well... If we could get at least one dialogue scene in a non-English language, that'd be pretty cool.

I mean we've gotten a little bit of French in Dunkirk.

Nomis wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 3:45 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 2:25 pm
Fleur Delacour, Cedrick Diggory and Gilderoy Lockhart. Looks like Nolan is after all the Potter actors who portrayed specifically good looking characters.£
Most if not all of his leading actors are next level beauties. Or have been in the past lol

Nice that he cast Poésy, I was afraid she wasn't going to get really big projects anymore.
Movies have a tendency to cast a disproportionately high number of attractive talent. Is the average viewer more likely to see War of the Worlds with a 300-pound Tom Cruise or his typical self? People like to look at eye candy. Almost all "leading men" or "leading women" are thin and attractive. Fat or unattractive people are usually cast as side characters and villains or cast in comedies.

Nomis wrote:
I don't know, especially about Debicki and her Polish heritage. Tarantino did a great job with languages by casting true native speakers in Basterds (with Fassbender being the one stand-out but for obvious reason). It was natural and wasn't cringe-worthy as say Fassbender or Smith-McPhee in Apocalypse trying to speak broken Polish and German respectively and pose as natives. Debicki speaks a little bit of Polish but with a clear and distinct accent. She's not a native speaker. It would definitely take me out of the movie.

Just watched her in In Bruges. Great little movie. And she's great in it. Very small, but irresistable performance.

LelekPL wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 7:36 am
Nomis wrote:
I don't know, especially about Debicki and her Polish heritage. Tarantino did a great job with languages by casting true native speakers in Basterds (with Fassbender being the one stand-out but for obvious reason). It was natural and wasn't cringe-worthy as say Fassbender or Smith-McPhee in Apocalypse trying to speak broken Polish and German respectively and pose as natives. Debicki speaks a little bit of Polish but with a clear and distinct accent. She's not a native speaker. It would definitely take me out of the movie.
Yes, Tarantino made great use of that. It remains pretty spectacular that Waltz and Julie Dreyfuss are multilingual.

I don't know if Pattinson speaks French (he stars as the Dauphin of France in Netflix The King btw) or if he's going to in that film but still. I would admire it if we'd get to hear languages other than English. Of course, like you said, it would help if accents will be light and only be there if it fits the characters/story

Ace
Poésy has been in Tallinn too.
Last edited by Ace on August 2nd, 2019, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oku
Yeah, I was going to say this a month ago but I guess I forgot to: She was there and then gone before we even got any set photos of her?? Aww, so her role must be super small.

Fast forward to today, a month later, and she's missing from the teaser billing block, so I guess that that is true...

Ace
Looking like she has wrapped.
She is currently doing a play in Bath but I suppose she could join filming again later on in the shoot.