Aaron Taylor-Johnson as joins the cast of Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
radewart wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 2:55 pm
anikom15 wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 2:47 pm
This is the first time I questioning a Nolan cast pick. He hasn’t proved himself, bandwagoners.
Katie Holmes in BB?
I was like twelve when that came out.

Katie Holmes's acting wasn't that bad, Maggie Gyllenhaal's acting was just much better. But even then, I'd preferred to have Katie in The Dark Knight because she actually looks the part.

Katie was better than Maggie, absolutely.

Katie is prettier, but Maggie is a better actress, imo. Actually, I think Nolan really wanted Amy Adams for that role, but for some "unknown" reason, Mrs. Cruise (at that time) got the role. But Amy played a perfect Lois Lane, so I'm okay with it. This article says Nolan wrote the Rachel character with Holmes in mind, but... I'm not so sure.

https://www.johnbierly.com/4556

Last edited by atilasantos on May 27th, 2019, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oku
Geoffrey wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 4:22 pm
Katie Holmes's acting wasn't that bad, Maggie Gyllenhaal's acting was just much better. But even then, I'd preferred to have Katie in The Dark Knight because she actually looks the part.
What do you mean looks the part?

Nothing against Holmes or Gyllenhaal but damn, Adams as Rachel would've been something too.

I think it's a pity Holmes didn't want to do TDK. I liked her performance and for continuity it would've been nice to have her in TDK. However, Gyllenhaal did a very good job, she's an insanely talented actress so I could just as well say I would've wanted her to star as Rachel in Batman Begins instead lol

Oku wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 5:01 pm
Geoffrey wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 4:22 pm
What do you mean looks the part?
Rachel is supposed to be very attractive. The Joker emphatically refers to her as beautiful, she has both Wayne and Dent clamoring for her attention, and she was originally cast with an attractive actress. By most people's standards that I've gauged, but particularly mine, Gyllenhaal is not attractive and does not suit the role.

delete your account

Nomis wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 5:29 pm
delete your account
Very intelligent, thoughtful commentary. You must have a bright future ahead of you.

Nomis wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 5:29 pm
delete your account