Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I wasn’t expecting to hear a theme so early! Like the synth line seems to be very prominent but that guitar theme is catchy as hell. The sound design is wonderful too. That synth at the end of the teaser which carries the whole tune in the prologue is so cool. Oh, not to mention the tempo shifts. I wish it was the norm to release the music as a single.

Forum Pro
Law
KingOfTheNorth wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 2:04 am

Guess i should have clarified and said in the sizzle reel
Yes but what I meant was, having seen the prologue in theaters.. that same guitar can be heard in the prologue, when JDW splits from the SWAT team. It sounds REALLY good.

I really hope Nolan sticks with him for the next few movies.

Listening to the trailer again assured me its definitely Ludwig's work, at around 0:30 mark you can hear the sound he is using in both the teaser and prologue too, just slightly different variations of it.

And love how haunting the score is after the "something worse" line. Such a great build up towards the end of the trailer.

IMDB lists Enedin Kryeziu as the trailer music composer... and the film's IMDB entry is the only thing coming up on Google for that name.

The trailer does uses elements from the score. The snappy percussion at the beginning of the teaser, the synth arpeggio line, and a high pulsating synths similar to the one in the prologue and at the end of the teaser. Maybe the guy listed took these elements and incorporated them in his track.

But we’re lucky we got the music in HQ. Only problem is the sidechain compression. I think it could be fixed (by sacrificing a bit of dynamics) but my computer broken so I can’t do it right now.

antovolk wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 1:51 pm
IMDB lists Enedin Kryeziu as the trailer music composer... and the film's IMDB entry is the only thing coming up on Google for that name.
he maybe one of Gorasson`s new interns working in the shadows, ala Lorne Balfe, Zack Hempsey on their day.

Ace
Before composer Ludwig Göransson even received his engraved Academy Award for winning best original score in 2019 for Black Panther, the win was already paying dividends.

The next day after the Oscars, I got the call from Christopher Nolan’s people saying that Chris wanted to hire him on his next movie, Tenet,” says Amos Newman, Göransson’s agent at WME.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bil ... comparison

Ace wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 4:23 pm
Before composer Ludwig Göransson even received his engraved Academy Award for winning best original score in 2019 for Black Panther, the win was already paying dividends.

The next day after the Oscars, I got the call from Christopher Nolan’s people saying that Chris wanted to hire him on his next movie, Tenet,” says Amos Newman, Göransson’s agent at WME.
This is interesting. So Nolan wanted Göransson from the get go? Or perhaps he still tried to collaborate with Zimmer first but Zimmer couldn't fully commit to the project like before.

Innovator wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 3:24 pm
Ace wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 4:23 pm

This is interesting. So Nolan wanted Göransson from the get go? Or perhaps he still tried to collaborate with Zimmer first but Zimmer couldn't fully commit to the project like before.
I'm almost certain it was the latter. The Oscar win was confirmation to Nolan, I bet.